Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10Yrs Mango 20

Featured Replies

Well it's been a long time since I've had a project, but picked up this ke20 from a mate's dad looking to get rid of some vehicles.

 

It's had a respray at some stage, as well as new springs and discs just before he took it off the road 7 years ago and it has just sat there. Plan is just to tidy up the body, get it running and then registered.

 

Few things need to happen though

  • Rust repairs driver's side fender
  • Driver's door fouls on fender (opened when I went to look at it the other day so don't know if it's moved during transport)
  • Grill and bumper wonky (doesn't look like from impact damage, just poorly reset)
  • Brakes have no fluid in the reservoir
  • Hasn't started for awhile so need to get it running, maybe even a 4k (someone nearby has one, what are they worth these days?)

I'm sure there will be more, but really just want to get a blue slip and get it registered to enjoy it.

 

Afterwards

  • Twin sidies
  • Cam?
  • Exhaust?
  • Lower it by 2-3"
  • Flares and superlites or something

Not looking for something to win shows, just something to enjoy driving.

 

9zctdbF.jpg

FkDn4W9.jpg

1oU06ca.jpg

yzETfv5.jpg

Edited by tenyearguarantee

very nice shape man!

 

Good project!

 

For how much goes a car like this in your country?

Thanks, I picked this one up for under $2000. Think I got a good deal but time will tell

 

Sounds good Man! I'm subscribed!

  • Author

Unfortunately some structural rust, hope that's it.

 

RVsOLhc.jpg

 

Looks like there are some newish bushes in there, might be good enough to get me blue slip and registered.

 

May need to change out the diff, box and motor, quite a few oil leaks.

 

To confirm, in NSW, if I swap the 3k with a 4k, I won't need an engineer's inspection right? What about putting in twin carbs?

Edited by tenyearguarantee

Going by the ncop (national) it would need to be mod plated as a 20 never came with a 4k and although minimal it is still a capacity increase.

Realistically though you would have to get a vigilant cop to notice. ... but considering its out of rego it'll be a problem before you get that far.

I thought the rule was that for an engine swap from the same family of engines, if the power increase isn't more than 20%,it doesn't need to be engineered. 3k to 4k is within this. I registered a ke35 with a 4k in Perth three years ago with no problem. Maybe the rule has changed though. I think the rules are the same Australia wide now.

  • Author

Going by the ncop (national) it would need to be mod plated as a 20 never came with a 4k and although minimal it is still a capacity increase.

Realistically though you would have to get a vigilant cop to notice. ... but considering its out of rego it'll be a problem before you get that far.

 

Ah I see. Might be worth getting it blue slipped with the 3k then.

  • Author

Cheers Taz,

 

Also did all two door 20s in Australia come out with speakers in the rear? Most of the 'door' cards I see have square national speaker grills in them and even ebay sell pre cut door cards.

  • Author

She ran, probably for the last time.

 

Think I'll go and the mod route, the cost of getting the front seats recovered and a mild 4k vs some second hand buckets and a hotter 4k/5k is not an equation I like at the moment (unless I find good second hand front seats)

 

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well an update, found some second hand seats and a ke20 to help with some parts,

 

swapped the diff's out (does the auto have a different ratio to the manual?) and will save some body panels as spares.

 

Am currently wrecking the brown one in my profile pic out for the next couple of weeks then it's off to the wreckers.

Just count the diff rotations- Fix one wheel with a crowbar so the other turns freely, turn the pinion 4 turns and see where the turning wheel has got to. The KE70s are 4.1 and 4.3 so they had a lower gearing in the auto there.

  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, tenyearguarantee said:

Ok so this is up for sale now. Will have a detailed ad up soon

hi is the new car for sale let me no the price keen for a ke20

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.