Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ae71 (killed The 4a-c)

Featured Replies

Really nice project... Can't wait to see the result

  • Replies 89
  • Views 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love your work Paul, keep those updates coming.

 

P.S. Is it just me or does that yellow photoshop pic look like a Skyline??

Jon.

more like a Bluebird to me.

  • Author

Haven't done much extra the last few days, kinda hit a wall with the end pieces of the wing (being too upright). They're kinda impossible to modify the current end bits because they're too upright but need to lean in further. So I went up to styrapak and bought another block of foam as well as 2 x 1.8m lengths for sideskirts :)

 

Gonna get stuck into it tomorrow again and cut a couple inches of each end of the wing to be able to get the ends right.

 

Must get stuck into it because I will be in full time work soon so the hours wont be available as I'll be working 2 jobs :monkey:

  • Author

Long story short, where I got up to today.

 

spoilerday6096zw.th.jpg

 

spoilerday6105yq.th.jpg

awesome man keep up the good work :faq:

The spoiler design isnt my cup of tea; its more like something you would hang your cloths off; but ! I can fully appreciate the design and workmanship it requires to get it to that stage. From the pictures you have shown us, it looks pretty symmetrical and *straight* -> from that point of view, in my eyes Its a credit to you.

 

:faq:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got a little bit more done earlier today...

 

spoilerday7024yw.jpg

 

spoilerday7019kz.jpg

  • Author

Thinking of throwing these rims off our paddock basher on her:P

 

dattopaddockthrasher4wa.jpg

niiice :jealous:

  • 3 weeks later...

those wheels are tough as gotta love em

post-607-1152090996_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Only Update I can give y'all for now is I may be buying another AE71 soon, as the proper project car...

 

If I don't get the one I looked at on Sunday I'll probably buy some Wade cams for the 4A-GE and get started on working out exact specs of the top end. Have to work out what thickness of shimless buckets I need, think the motor they come from is the 2NZ-FE (Toyota Echo) still gotta look into it. Then get the smallport head I've got lined up checked out and if all is well, port it to a size halfway between the bigport and smallport sizes.

 

That's it for now, gotta finish the spoiler soon, been housesitting so will get back into it when I'm back at home.

make it note that the 1NZ-FE would have the same cylinder head from those early echos, not sure if the head has been changed for the new yaris. Ill see if i can dig any info up, if u need help :dance:

 

Ted

  • Author

Thanks heaps, much appreciated.

Nice work on the car mate, that spoiler is f@$king tops, I'm guessing that this is made as the mould for the fibreglass? Always wondered how these things are shaped...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.