Josh's Ke70

Josho

"ke70 slides" :y:

Its a good corner that one hey!

When was that? make sure Ed lets me know next time your going!!

Is indeed hey!

Will definitely let you know when we go up next dude, may be this weekend.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

knew you would say that!! :y:

I blew a head gasket last week (only cause I had a water leak and dragged some ricers on 110oC :lol: ) so I won't be coming this week end, might come for a drive if some body has a spare seat though. :P

Should have a 5k in her by the week end after...well thats the plan anyway!

knew you would say that!! :P

I blew a head gasket last week (only cause I had a water leak and dragged some ricers on 110oC :lol: ) so I won't be coming this week end, might come for a drive if some body has a spare seat though. :lol:

Should have a 5k in her by the week end after...well thats the plan anyway!

Ouch! No good mate! :(

May be a seat or two going, you'll know if there is!

5K hey? Running the same turbo setup? You'll be getting close to cracking 100kW at the wheels soon! :y:

Not at all worried about the blown HG, I just laughed when it happened!! That 4k will get raped for parts for the 5k anyway, so the fact that this happen will motivate me to get it in sooner! :y:

Would have been running over 100rwkw with the 4k a couple of weeks ago on around 20psi, well by my calculations anyway.

Nah this is gunna be a TOTALLY new set up!! I've sold the whole carby turbo set up to James (Ollies mate) with the really neat ke55 coupe (same colour as mine with pin stripes).

Edited by Taz_Rx

• 1 year later...

Lots of new shit fitted.

post-453-1218773257_thumb.jpg

Props to Gilly for coilovers and cambertops, Kyouteki for T3 gear, etc. etc....

Was hoping to make round 4 of the Tassie drift series, but the clutch is playing up. It's bizzare, replaced the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and clutch cable but still struggling to get it to engage even with the cable adjusted right up. Gotta check the pivot ball on the clutch fork, only a matter of taking the box back off for a look I guess. Anyone got any ideas on what could be shagged?

Edited by Josho

Right. Had the box off last night and compared the 5 speed fork to a 4 speed one, they both get the same amount of travel and the 5 speed fork doesn't look cracked or bent.

Had to leave it for work, but going to give the pedal box a look, see if I've managed to bend the clutch pedal or somthing... really running out of ideas. Flywheel doesn't look like its worn massively or anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Turns out if you read the FAQ all the way through, you find things you missed the first time. Apparently this happens a bit with heavier pressure plates. If you use another "clutch horn rubber" reversed over the top of the stock adjustment stop it gives it the travel needed... thing is, not really sure what they mean by clutch horn rubber?

Edited by Josho

Ok, sorted clutch issue by making a spacer on the throwout bearing carrier.

Had trouble getting the passenger side axle out the other night, bearing was in there solid with rust, spent 40 or so minutes using the brake drum inverted, couldn't get it out. Asked the old man if he had any hot tips last night (now wondering why I didn't ask him to start off with, seeing as he does a lot of work straightening diff housings..) He hands me this rather large axle, which he had modified into a massive-fsckoff-slide hammer. Two hits with that baby and the once stubborn axle came flying out of the housing. Will have to upload a photo of this thing, it was carved from pure awesome.

With the diff centre out I'll hopefully get it welded over the next couple of days and have it back in for the weekend. May have lined up a 4.111 ratio crown and pinion, which will go great on my LSD when I get that shimmed up.

Got a fair bit of shit to do before Sat. Just hope I make it.

Is there drift on at Symmons or something on the weekend?

Yell out if you haven't got the weldy sorted by tomoz, bring it down and we'll fill it with weld. ;) Just bring some sticks with ya as I don't know if there's any down stairs.

I had to make an axle puller for the mazda out of a snapped axle. Uses a Porsche 944 front disc as the slider!! :jamie: