Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 98
  • Views 100.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you go to get another manifold gasket josh, instead of getting the usual ACL ones that are 2 piece (RRP $13) go to BURSONS and ask for a permaseal gasket for a k series. they are actuall the ones listed as a extractor gasket in the LUKEY parts catalog. It took me ages to find these 1 part gaskets and you'll see when you get it how much better they are than the standard ACL ones. plus I bought 2 of them for $16!!!!!! :) :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

  • Author
when you go to get another manifold gasket josh, instead of getting the usual ACL ones that are 2 piece (RRP $13) go to BURSONS and ask for a permaseal gasket for a k series. they are actuall the ones listed as a extractor gasket in the LUKEY parts catalog. It took me ages to find these 1 part gaskets and you'll see when you get it how much better they are than the standard ACL ones. plus I bought 2 of them for $16!!!!!! :) :lolcry: :lolcry: :y:

 

Just happend to nab me one of them actually! Those 2 piece gaskets are awful, there was about 0.5cm gasket to the side of the 2nd and 3rd exhaust ports! No wonder it blew :lolcry:

 

make sure shes piped up correctly!

 

Funny you should mentioned that, where we had the vacuum advance plugged in actually ran down to the base of the carb and sucked air from just above the manifold. So after realising that and wondering where half of the holes in the side of the carb actually went to, used a largeish hole that was already made a bit higher over the butterfly than I would of liked.

 

It has a bit of a flat spot at the moment but other than that is good, I need a new battery though. :y:

 

Thanks for the comments guys. :lolcry:

Edited by Josho

Looks good josh.

 

Did you down jet the weber?, what size jets did you use?

  • Author

Didn't down jet it dude, just went with what it had.

 

125 primary and 150 secondry.

 

Wasn't really sure on what the best sized jets would be but I thought I'd give it a run with these to see how it went. Anyone have any suggestions on better sizes or are these an ok size?

lookin good josh, had a very nice tone to it aswell keep up the mods

 

Cheers Sean

  • 2 weeks later...

i thought i needed a new battery in my ke70, but i can take the key out while the motor was running, and i was taking they key out when it was off but the key wasnt completely turned anti clockwise with the lock button in, so my clock and stuff would stay on, come morning my battery was flat. charged it, realised what ive been doing wrong, its been over a week and its fine.

That's what I did with the key lock I hadn't noticed, but my battery didn't charge so I just bought a new one. It probably would have charged but at least I know my battery's good.

That air-filter looks cool ;)

 

Nice and clean your car is. :jamie:

 

Thanks Yoda

 

 

 

That air cleaner does look awesome though

  • 10 months later...
  • Author

Update..

 

Fitted some AJPS gear, still got to sort out the front stuff though.

Sits nice, the 6kg springs + kyb short stroke shocks in the rear are nice and firm, sure they're pretty stiff for street but I like it.

Going to have to flare the guards to get the superlites back on the rear, or even some of the other rims I have.

 

But also been thinking of buying a cheapish pig KE70 to hack into, I'll feel awful hacking into my car more than I already have :S but really at the end of the day, its only a Corolla.

 

I still heart the shit out of it though.

post-453-1178538244_thumb.jpg

 

"KE70 slides" + youtube ftw..

 

White bonnet will hopefully make a return sometime soon, being all nice and straight without arse dents.

Looking good josh! Will look hot with the superlites on the rear back on! Looking forward to when it rains again :y:

its raining now!

 

keen to see them centerlines on there josh!

  • Author
Looking good josh! Will look hot with the superlites on the rear back on! Looking forward to when it rains again :y:

 

Thanks dude! Yeah, will be a tight fit with them but hopefully I don't come across too many issues getting the guards to a point where they fit.

 

its raining now!

 

keen to see them centerlines on there josh!

 

Yeah keen to get them on there too hey.

 

Rain? Wish it waited 'til this weekend!

Edited by Josho

its raining now!

 

keen to see them centerlines on there josh!

 

Rain now? fark never knew!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.