My Ke55 Box On Wheels

evilbetty

Hay there peoples check it out !!!!! pretty stoked today :)

mananged to get some wheels on the box,so now i can truley

say that it is a box on wheels!!!!!hahaha now as most of you should now when finding wheels for theses old corollas there isnt exactly a huge range to choose from ,

bascily i just wanted something that looked nice clean with a little bit of style ???

so i choose these wheels there called siraco 2 made by speedy wheels australia, size isnt huge but 15 " i think looks ok

got a sweet deal on the tyres tho 205/50/15 which isnt exactly a popular size in tyre apparently,but there bridgestone potenzas,

supose to be a very good tyre ,so pretty stoked about that .

probably in the weekend ill get a few better shots these are a bit blurry,but gives you a general idea i think, what do you guys think???

post-1560-1150703413_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well another update ,i wasnt happy with the size of the front tyres they were 205s but they stuck out to far and since on lowering the car i didnt want any dramas so i had them changed for 195s they fit under alot better,got some more pics but there still blurry ill have to wait till i can get some in the day time.....

post-1560-1150789592_thumb.jpg

that was the back and now heres the front,

the guard clearance is huge so I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with lowering and what dramas i will face there but hopefully i can work something out?????

i also have a set of super low lovel front springs that ill be trying ,does any know how much these springs lower a corolla??????I'm told its 2 inches but i don't think aftermarket springs really go as low as they say,has any seen a corolla lowered on lovels before???? i may have to go the angle grinder!!!!! not that keen on doing it too dodgy as the rest of the car is reasonably good ,don't know how safe it would be with them cut??????????

also the other way around it would be to cut them heat them up and straighten then so they sit in the mounts properly but even if i do this I'm asuming that they will still be loose as all hell?????????

has any one done a corolla like myne with cut springs and then shortened the shocks to keep the springs in place better?????

i was really hoping to have a go this week end but i may need a bit more info so if any one can suggest a safe ish way of doing the ke55 i would appreciate it ,so all input welcom........

any way heres the front ...........

post-1560-1150790215_thumb.jpg

Scirocco IIs suit the 55s and 70s really well, they're what my missus wants on the 55 when we can muster up the money for them. One of the few cheap and common new wheels that can be easily done in a +20 offset and 4x114.3 (as they are blank faced and so can be custom drilled)

exactly,myne were custom drilled and fit well, i think they look nice ,i really wasnt to keen on getting an old set of hot wires or similar old style wheel so this is what ive ended up with

evilbetty

ok well ive done a quick measure up and i want to lower the car ,

at 3 inchs at the front and 2 inchs at the back ,

now aparently the lovel springs i have lower the car 2 inchs at the front so how do i get the extra 1 inch lower that i want to go??? cutting the spring a small amount might have to be the option?????

see pic guard clearance 3 inches yuk :lolcry:

please advice any one !!!!!! on lowering with out to my dodgy

stuff!!

LUV your car ,i too am chasing lowering info ,help guys :) ,how did u do the velour trims on the doors & parcel shelf . looks great. :lolcry:

LUV your car ,i too am chasing lowering info ,help guys :) ,how did u do the velour trims on the doors & parcel shelf . looks great. :lolcry:

hay thanks mate ,the trims were actualy really easy to do,

basicly all you need is a big roll of the material you want to use and some backing foam and some quick grip glue,

what i did was moved the old trim from the wood panel ,put the panel on to the material traced around it,hten cut it out with a few inches of over hang,the cut out the foam to the same size of the wood and glued the foam down first

this gives it a very soft spongy look and feel ,

then place the panel on the piece of cut out material glue all the bits of over hang and all around the edges of the trimwaited 20 minutes for the glue to dry then folded up the over hang and pressed it down ,it pretty much drys instantly,then you cut the holes for the door handle window winder etc and put the window seal back on and your done!!!!!!!!!its very easy takes a bit of time but I'm sure you could do it if you wanted to,it cost me like 100 bucks for enuf materials to do the entire car!!!! that is 2 front door panel 2 rear door panels ,the parcel shelf the gas tank cover,the sub box,and the amp holder and the tail light cover!!!!!! so all in all a full retrimed car for 100 bucks plus a few hours of your time!!!! have a go!!,

i was almost thinking of getting a second hand set and doing it again and selling them on here as everyone seems to like them so much!!! but yeah I'm very busy at the moment so maybe later on,if you find out any solid info on lowering your car let me know!!!!

nice and tidy your car too good stuff!!!!! go the rollas. :lolcry:

well i managed to pick up some shocks today.front and rear munroe gt gas,so hopefully they will go in this weekend ,i think theres some left on ebay if anyone is interested,ill post pics of goodies soon ,

i think I'm going to have a go at cutting the springs and seeing how they fit, still not to sure how to do the rears ,as the back is a bit lower now with the weight of the sub etc, so i may just try fliping one leaf ,it only has to go down 2 inches in the back,

does any one no how far down fliping one leaf in the rear goes???in inches would be good.......

I think it will sit roughly an inch higher than the back of mine

yeah i think that would be sweet,i have 2 and a 1/4 inches of guard clearance at the rear was hoping that if i flip one leaf it would go down about 1.5 -2 inches does this sound about right to you rolla boy???I'm only guessing cause ive never fliped leafs before so i have no idea how much change theres gona be if i do just one leaf????