Dan's Ke20

Hurricane

oh mate! i have that same problem with rust in my ke10, i find something small so i go to take care of it and it turns out all most 4 times the size of what it looked to be. I am thinkin on buying a welder for the car. did u teach yaself how to weld? well good luck mate, it is comin along nicely!

Cheers Myles!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i did mate, its not that hard just cheap playing around and ya get the hang of it, mig or a tig is the go, mig is a lil easyer though :P then ya just got to take your time with panels and that, can only tack weld stuff, can't just get in there and weld it in one go :D as it will gte so much heat and warp the panels or burn hole all over the place.

went on a cruise up around the back of melb today with my bro so didnt do alot on the rolla....... AGAiN!!!!! but i did still do a lil work, more or less found more rust, found some in the left guard, so i started to fix up a nother one ive got hear, just got to nock some lil dints out of it, strip it back and paint it.

then there was a lil bit in the right guard so i cut that out and luckly it has only gone through one fold no both so will come up good as.

leftfrontguardrustsu7.jpg

newleftguardww6.jpg

p1010007qh0.jpg

then cut the rust out of the sill almost, just tryiing to work out how i will go about making the front half of it as there are some folds in there that will be hard to make.

sillrustcutoutmq5.jpg

also found that some one has took to the rolla with in axe or something on top of one of the guard??? why i have know idea theres nothing hear but good steel!!! WHY I ASK????

axehack2ex3.jpg

welded in some other patches today, had to do some major shaping to get it all right, as I'm goin for the NO BOG aprotche.

sillrust2on4.jpg

sillrust3rc1.jpg

sillrustweldedtl2.jpg

sillwelded3cb5.jpg

sillwelded5kh4.jpg

had to make a crazzy bend in one of the spots, made it on the dolly with a panel hammer and although ya can't really see it in the pic it took me 2 HRs to make it right and fit.

makingfold2eu5.jpg

going good mate, you are a real craftsman with the anti rust mission!

i pulled my battery holder out and thought that i should also take out the plate that it bolts to so i could clean up the rust underneath it. it was a bastard to get out - i kept missing the spot welds with my drill. anyway after i finally got it out there was SFA rust under it anyway, dude i had the sh!ts.

yeah some times it can be a pain, but its for de rolla...so its worth it all.

got a bit more done, will have the sill done in 2 days time, then its just the bat tray:)

what i pain dis was to make, there was so many shapes to make.

frontsillweldedah8.jpg

frontsillwelded2zx8.jpg

as you can see ive only just cut and shaped it ruff, but will have that peace done and weleded tomorrow nite.

frontsill3gf4.jpg

and look at the rolla i want to drive it so much.

p1010008ut7.jpg

been working all weekend on the rolla after i got home from work on sat.

drilled the holes in the wall for the bat cables, useing dis tool, ran the cable down to the boot, and jointed it all up in the bay.

holecuttertr4.jpg

batandenginewiringnp6.jpg

batcablesincabep4.jpg

also remounted the coil and have almost finished re running, making the wiring loom.

coilmountedvm2.jpg

wiringloombj9.jpg

also cut out the new shifter hole so i can now shift gears again

newshifterholetn4.jpg

SUS DE POWER HOUSE

motorinbp7.jpg

yeah coil looks good there i think :lolcry: and I'm painting with gun, just need the paint the same as the rest of the car

well got some good news and some bad, got the bat in boot all sorted out, and had the car running and every thing in the engine bay is done, well almost!!

but the bad new....the dam turbs piping didnt fit HAHA so might make it better as i was thinking of changing it before hand so might just do it now.

batinbootnk3.jpg

batinboot2jz8.jpg

enginebayshotgq0.jpg

also got a nother engine bay shot LOL

if you can't be bothered spraying it with the gun, motors holden has a paint mixing thing in most of there spare parts stores and they can mix up any colour for you and put it in a can so it matches your car, doesnt come up to bad, i know a fella who did his whole rear gaurd with it after he welded some patches in and you didnt even notice it against the normal paint, but i don't know if they do it on the mainland