Dan's Ke20

Hurricane

was workin on the motor till 12 last night, was f@$ked buy the end !!!

finidhed all the piping pretty much just some lil things to do now.

well made a flange so the pipes could joim to the single weber manifold, made a stencil first, then maked that out on some stell plate, drilled the holes, and cut out the bigger ones with a hole saw, don't think the hole saw was up to cutting steel that thick as it tolk for ever to get through.

singlewebbermaniifold0fc.jpg

stencil3hm.jpg

flange26kh.jpg

holesaw0uy.jpg

inletmanifoldflange2gl.jpg

then had to make the bends up to the top of the rocker cover to get to the rest of the pipe, i just used some 180's the cut the bottom down so the bent would be closer to the manifold.

piping38pp.jpg

piping6pv.jpg

then came time for one of the harder parts, making the Y peace !!! pretty much spent about 2 or more houre making it, just cut the basic angles then just keep grinding it down till it worked. it can up shit hot though i thought.

ypeace2vm.jpg

ypeaceinside6sr.jpg

ypeaceinside22jc.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well made the Y peace so tacked it in and all the pipes were now joined :) so cut out a peace above the rocker cover so i could get the two pipw on and off the motor, then welded it all up with the oxy, was a lil rusty on the oxy welding as ive not done a lot of it but i think it came up ok never the less.

piping78ra.jpg

piping89uv.jpg

piping60ur.jpg

pipejoin27vt.jpg

pipejoin2ae.jpg

well be workin on it more today so might have a lot more stuff done.

yeah it does look a lil like 13b stuff HAHA a 13b would be good :) and yes its a CD175

well moded a T28 8psi gate to fit onto my housing, came up or, just had to cut it up a lil and weld some threaded bar on it so i can fix it to the housing, painted it blue to satrt with as it look a bit shitty not painted with all the wld and file marks on it, but then it turned out to look shit blue i thought, so went to black LOL might even change it later to :(

bluewategate3wb.jpg

bluegateonturbs4jd.jpg

blackgate8yx.jpg

also made a bent to go from the carby to the pod, but desided to go a lil bigger in size (2 1/4) pipe, so went to South Geelong Zorst and got a 180 bend, oh and also got a carby rebuid kit for it, just got to get some bigger jets now so i can see what works best?

podbend2yd.jpg

carbyrebuildkit5mb.jpg

going to get more parts tomorrow also :P

Doing a great job, But that is a long way for fuel mix to run. can't you spin the compressor housing around so the outlet is at the top so the pipe run be shorter? sometimes with a long run like that youll find when you backoff the throttle the engine will continue to keep the revs up for a few seconds and slowly come down.

Now i bet someone is going to say, Intercooling piping can be long and it doesnt do that, Correct because its not mixed with fuel.

yeah i couldnt really clock the turbo all that much as it was goin to point up to high and not fit the bonnet all that well or it was goin to point at the zorst manifold :( but yeah well will just have to see how it all goes? ive never heard of that happining before? can alway mod it after i guess?

and yeah ill get some pic when its done, I'm off to get more parts motor tomorrow :) so will strip the thing down on weekend, and maybe even get it back together next weekend?

getting my clutch today i hope? payed for my fuel reg and sould have that soon.

also taking the rolla off the road for the week, pulled out the motor today.

the list for the week:

- fix water pump and leak on motor (teach me for useing old stuff)

- pull out interior, clean up, run bat cables to boot, change wiring in bay to sute

- clean up wiring in in bay.

- remake wiring for stezza to bat in boot.

- cut off old bat mount in engine bay, and cut out the rust and fix up.

- cut off old coil mount and put out of the way.

think thats it for the week, might have it done? might not? we will see.

so turbs will not be running till next week some time.

well been a lil bizzy out looking at more cars to get and goin to a car meet, but i did get to do a bit off work tonight.

pulled out the seats and carpet

interiornonob6.jpg

put new seals in my gear box and seal it all up so no more leaks i hope.

turbo is mounted on and new hose is joning it all up.

carbytoturbsus1.jpg

hosejoinnc9.jpg

cut out a lil bit of the bat tray.

battrayqa0.jpg

battray4rj3.jpg

got my new clutch, aslo ya can see its a lil dif, pretty much every thing it tuffer on it, making it heavier. also look at the slipin ness that the other new clutch was doing, she just could take it HAHA.

flywheelburnt2hr2.jpg

clutchswb5.jpg

clutchs4vd3.jpg

my turbo jets for the carby will be hear at the end of the week, also the rising rate fuel reg will be too i hope?

HAH not a nother DANIEL :) I'm dnaiel to if ya didnt know :)

well ive cut out the bat tray pretty much, striped back all the wiring that will not be nedded, and pulled the whole front end off the car, to fix some rust and some bog scabs and might repaint it at the same time?

frontpanelrustspotev0.jpg

frontendpulledoffsl4.jpg

interiorstripedja7.jpg

think i might pull off the old ALT reg system and run a internal reg ALT for less wiring in the engine bay?

wirestripedbacksl8.jpg

also got may rising rate fuel reg today, looks like it wil work.

turbo set up looks neat as, how does it rust on the stone tray or is it some bog lifting or something?

poor little naked rolla, that rust under the battery tray seems pretty common, ive had it in most of my ke20s, and in my new one I'm surprised the battery was still in the engine baY and not on the ground

you gotta post a vid when its going

james

yeah i havent seen one with out rust there yet :) and ill most defantly have a vid up when its back together and running a turbs setup if it all works :)

did some more work tonight, cut out the gearbox hole in the tunnel a bit so i can make a new one, that it done better than the peps that did it before i got a rolla.

hackedupgearboxholeav1.jpg

gearboxhole2qj4.jpg

then found some rust in the front of the sill i will be cuting out and fixing up, slack peps just boged over the top if it <_< . it look worse in the pic than it really is also :o

boginsillmc9.jpg

sillrustgb3.jpg

and just a pic off it up on the stands.

nofrontenddl7.jpg

well thats was aabout it not really a lot of work done, as i was f@$ked after work and pretty much sleeep after i got home, then only had a lil bit of time to work on

well almost got the tunnel done, just got to cut out the new gear shifter hole.

i welded it on both sides and filed back the side in the cab so know it is smooth as (only took me 2HR HAHA) as i didnt want to use the flap disc and spray grinding dust every were :)

gearboxholeweldedgg2.jpg

tunnelholealmostfinishegk4.jpg

AND THEN I FOUND DIS

rustinleftsillfg2.jpg

but not to worry peps, ive got it covered, will cut it all out, weld in new steel, rust kill and clean it up, and ya will not even know that ive done any thing there, will take a bit as I'm lookin at using no bog :D

well that was it for today, i sleep in and that didnt help, then some peps were over getting stuff of me so that slowed things down also and then i was looking at the what is needed to get the 302W into the rolla :P