Rare Find In W.a.

chrisandliz

Well here she is guys. Our project car Number 2

"BLUEBELLE"

post-1514-1150279285.jpg

A bit of info to start. Our first intention was to get a Rolla for our son (who i might add is only 4) so we could do a: Speedway car or

b: be his first car.

We managed to score this Ke20 from Armadale/Kelmscott

post-1514-1150279257_thumb.jpg

We got her home and found that a speedway car she will not be. Too much rust. But good even excellent for parts. So the hunt was on and luckly we acctually bought the quokka this Thursday and there was bluebelle. She was only around the corner. Been smashed by a woman driver. But still in pretty good condition. I fell in love with her and so did Chris. But i sadly gave him the keys. lol I will keep my Ke70. We will have to do a bit of work to her Front end because the woman drove her over a two lane roundabout and into a guard rail. (Poor baby) Bent the swing arm and a big Fender Bender. *Sob* But thankfully can be pannel beaten out. No creases. She does have a slight bit of surface rust on the lower part of the rear window but that is about it. Her body is very straight and after sitting for 2 years still sounds sweet. I can't wait to drive her. Am jealouse Chris drove her home. Well here is some pics of "BLUEBELLE"

post-1514-1150280138.jpg post-1514-1150280160.jpg

post-1514-1150280180.jpg post-1514-1150280196.jpg

post-1514-1150280212.jpg post-1514-1150280229.jpg

post-1514-1150280250.jpg

Members dont see this ad

ahahah looks like alota fun guys :D

Old cars have so much character and are alot.. more fun to drive than new cars in my own opinion. You control the car, not a computer. - This is coming from someone who drives new cars _every_day of the year, as a big part of my job !

Looks like granny should of handed her license in earlier :jealous:

this baby is in such good condition that we are going to restore it to new condition. basically fix her up and re spray.

it wasnt granny that crashed it was her granddaughter. lol granny had just died and she inherited the car =(

but she is in good hands now. lol

i so can't wait to get into it....

Today Chris got bored. and the donor car was taking up valuable realestate.

So Chris decided on organ harvest time. Destructive yet somewhat satisfying.

post-1514-1150451819_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1150451839_thumb.jpg

Gut the rest in the week. Liz will be happy when the shell has gone so BLUEBELLE can be under 100% cover with the car cover over her.

"The Project begins"

p.s. does anyone have a indicator light essembily (left hand)

p.p.s. anyone want a ke 20 shell

• 3 weeks later...

Shit. Thats a really bloody bad snag to be hitting, what a headf@$k..

I'd imagine that you'd have to brace the hell out of the body before cutting out that section, and measuring is crucial..

Perhaps you could leave it like that - I mean, is it sacrificial to the drivability of the car (ie: does it want to veer off the road now etc.)? If it doesn't, be 'dodgy like dan' and leave it like that...

Btw, you've got a PM.

Dan.

• 1 year later...