Gavclassic Ke 17 Sl Sprinter

Gavclassic

Some pics of my 69 SL Sprinter which i've had for nearly 10 years. I used to supersprint it when i first got it, now preparing it for Speed on Tweed. Just finished Koni Adjustable front suspension & slotted front rotors. I'll post pics of new 7k after install. Oh What A Feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

post-834-1151312414_thumb.jpg

post-834-1151312811_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
So i guess the transverse leaf spring is long gone ey.

Do you know what strut setup that is.

No more transverse leaf spring, the bottom of the strut leg is still the KE17 item but with threaded tube welded on. The strut inserts are AE 92 i think with a modified top bearing plate. Also repositioned lower control arm pick up point to give more caster and neg camber.

Original KE17 Discs, same as KE20. I just took them off the car and had them slotted.

nice car mate, never seen anyone do that with the discs before...how much did it cost you to get them done?

:)

Edited by Mitch

That looks very yummy; what kind of wheels is it rolling on?

I found those wheels in the boot of a KE 10 that came out of a swamp. I had to get them sand blasted, painted, machined and new inserts put in them. They are a german made wheel, the name on them in Ronal.