Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tired Of Eoi's!!!!!!!!!!&#

Featured Replies

Why do people insist on advertising their car for sale as an Expression Of Interest. If they really wan't to sell the car just list it with a price, if they really want expressions of interest list it on eBay.

 

I personally think its just a way of getting people talking about your car and hopefully push up the potential buying price to some rediculous level. If you just want people to talk about your car just list it in another section of the forum, eg: Rides an Projects.

 

The For Sale sections in a forum should be for cars actually for sale with a price not ones that are only really for sale when some one offers a stupid amount.

 

If you're just wanting to check out what the market might pay for your car the answer is eBay. List your car, set your reserve, if it makes it great if it does'nt make it you'll know roughly what the markets going to pay.

 

The point i'm trying to make is don't clog up the For Sale sections on a forum with you own ego trip about your car, there are more appropriate sections for that, i use them all the time!

EOI for parts annoys me too,post your price its either for sale or not. :hmm:

I always use EOIs, because I really don't know how much the parts are worth. The way I see it, selling to the first offer on an EOI is better than posting a For Sale thread without a price.

 

If youse want me to start posting For Sale threads with the price being 'make an offer $$' I'll do it, though.

 

By the way, I wouldn't sell a whole car with an EOI.

i dissagree, i used the EOI to see if it was worth rebuilding a 7k and selling it

 

found out today that the 7k i'm selling is worth $1450 and not the $1000 i have it for sale for. so much for EOI's

:hmm: exactly :y:

Edited by Dan

  • Author

When you give a potential buyer a price you give he or she something to work with. They can decide straight away if they can afford it or not. The other benefit is a person may not be looking for that specific item, but at a price will pay just to have it for a spare.

 

I do it all the time on ebay, I must have bought about 8 KE series water pumps and paid no more than about $15, i'm not needing that many right now but at that price I buy them for spares.

 

Example: Seller wants to get rid of a KE 10 corolla, he really wants about $2500 for it, he lists it as a EOI. A potential buyer might think the cars worth $3500 after everone on the forums talked up the car but really only has $2500 to spend. He may not wan't to insult the seller by offering him $2500, both seller and buyer miss out.

 

State the price and this clearly brings out the genuine buyers!

I don't even look at EOI for sale threads for all of the above reasons.

There are heaps of places and old threads where you can get a rough idea of the price for a item.

And for sales with make a offer they are the same as a EOI.

 

So i vote to get rid of them. :lolcry:

I have to admit I don't bother looking at EOI's either. But I'm only a young bloke, I don't have a clue what the stuff is worth, and in general I am only selling little things to get rid of them and will accept the first offer - no matter what...

 

What do you suggest I replace my EOI's with then?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.