Can I Efi A 3t-c

c budge

Members dont see this ad

Is this mysterious motor ever going to go into a car mate, or get purchased?

Fair dinkum mate, I might have it all wrong, my apologies if I do, but you really do appear to me as a keyboard warrior, 'wanna' this, 'wanna that'... your lack of seriousness, knowledge or common sense in the questions that you ask causes me to think that...

Prove me wrong, buddy, and I'll eat my words.

well you can efi or carb basically any petrol motor, its just a fuel mixture delivery system. diesel is another story though. I'm sure there are some exceptions as always but generally it holds true.

3t naturally aspirated series of motors are all carb as far as i know 13t, 3t, 3tc.

now if you were to fit a later model block with the newer models efi system eg - 2tg series of motors then it most likely would be a bolt on fit. however i don't think 3t series came with efi except for the 3tgte which is turbo and i imagine unsuitable for naturally aspirated induction.

also you would be paying $500 just for the harness, plus more for manifolds anyway, thats if you don't need custom manifolds which cost a lot more. then i doubt the computer would run it very well anyway if at all.

but on a positive note the 3t motor to most people is a boat anchor, until you stumble across the crazy Puerto Ricans and there insane 3tc turbo converted turbo 600hp drag cars. and there are many well priced parts avaliable for the motor as well.

but back down to earth even an aftermarket computer, manifolds, wiring, injectors and tuning will set you back a few grand as you can't just bolt on a later model efi system - ie all of the above all OEM and tuned etc... and picked up second hand for 400 bucks. someone may know another efi system from another engine that can be easily converted but i have never heard of one.

now the 3t is poor is stock form as it is 1.8L pushrod 8 valve crossflow engine, but as a converted turbo motor, it is a screamer if done right with 8 to 30 grand cash. crossflow is a good feature by the way! as opposed to non crossflow (google it)

on another note it is a reasonable performance increase for most small cars as they are light and come out with small engines from factory ie ke corolla's. just don't expect to be pulling 12 second passes with it.

one other option is to builda 3tg hybrid using a 2tg twincam head on the 3tc block ( NOTE - this requires an ENTIRE 2tg long motor minus the bottom block, crank and pistons. AND blocking of oil holes by turning bearings around)

OR another method with the same results is :

fit the 3t crank AND pistons into a LATER - ie 2tgeu block which is the same as the 3tc block.

now the 2tg series of motors comes in efi - the 2tgeu and if you use the 2tgteu block it is the same as the 3t block, so just fit the 3t crank and 3t pistons. you may be able to fit a 2tgeu efi system to a complete 3t motor but whether it will work or not, is the question... and that means the manifolds will bolt on etc etc which means it all fits, BUT the computer may not be able to RUN the motor as it has a different head flow and cam setup/profile and ignition setup etc etc.

Edited by styler

can be done but you looking big dollars, its not hard, just expensive

if you want to make it injected REALLY badly you could get a manifold made for it a aftermarket ECU and loom you looking for a few thousand dollars,

easiest way would be to rebuild the engine with a 2TG head and a 2TGEU manifold ECU etc.

keep it on carbies

well one celica in japan was fitted with a efi 3t. you may find one at a wreckers. looks the same or close to a 4k efi manifold

go the 3t. the yanks are getting 650hp out of these things & theys alot of good bits on ebay.com

hope this helps