Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out

Featured Replies

  • Replies 462
  • Views 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

IMGP0017.jpg

 

IMGP0019.jpg

 

IMGP0030.jpg

 

These are two of the three major rust holes in the car that I knew about and that roof one is going to take someone a pretty penny to sort out, thats for sure!

 

The car is now ready for sandblasting and soda blasting, but first I want to save up a little bit more cash so I can take it elsewhere to get the rust sorted.

 

Enjoy!

Edited by Raven

Liking the progress :rolla:

 

If you don't mind me asking, and hopefully you haven't already said, but where abouts did you buy the dry ice? Be good to know for reference :hmm:

 

Cheers Fusion

  • Author

I bought it from Dry Ice Supplies on Commerical Road at Port Adelaide, across from Hungry Jacks.

 

Its actually a fishing store, believe it or not, but they sell the stuff for $12.00 per block.

 

Also good fun for putting in hot water when you have some left over.

 

post-600-1243682141_thumb.jpg

O yeah I know the place! Cheers for that Raven :rolla:

That rust looks nasty, Raven! You're definitely going to have to get that sorted.

Keep up the progress pics.

 

Also good fun for putting in hot water when you have some left over.

Haha!

  • Author

Yep, sure does. Gonna have to find someone who's willing to fix it as well and do a proper job of it.

 

Might wanna show your mum's b/f the pics and see if he's capable of welding in some new metal for me Lexxi :bash:

Yep, sure does. Gonna have to find someone who's willing to fix it as well and do a proper job of it.

 

Might wanna show your mum's b/f the pics and see if he's capable of welding in some new metal for me Lexxi :y:

 

I'm sure he will be delighted! I'll ask tonight if I remember :bash:

next time you got some dry ice, chisel up a handful of cubes, chuck em in an empty PLASTIC bottle, add 200ml's of water, tighten the lid and run.

 

otherwise good lookin Mick.

Edited by mitch4397

Yeh dry ice is fun haha. How many hours work was that Mick? It came up a treat, I would have just used a heat gun and a scraper, which is effective but not as neat a final result. Now though I'd definitely use the dry ice!

  • Author
Yeh dry ice is fun haha. How many hours work was that Mick? It came up a treat, I would have just used a heat gun and a scraper, which is effective but not as neat a final result. Now though I'd definitely use the dry ice!

 

Hmm, took me a good 2-3 hours I reckon until I got the hang of taking off real big bits right at the end.

 

If you ever need a hand doing that, let me know :bash:

dry ice is definitely easier and alot cleaner than a heat gun and scrapper!

 

Looking good mick, keep the updates coming

  • Author

- The Rolling Frame -

 

Today was spent picking up some steel, 300kg-rated swivel castors, two lengths of threaded rod and 20 nuts and washers to create what you see below.

 

Image015.jpg

 

The 300kg-rated swivel castors...

 

Image016.jpg

 

The threaded rod...

 

Image014.jpg

 

The 50mmx50mm box tubing...

 

Image009.jpg

 

The start of making the frame

 

Image014.jpg

 

Yep, I'm using this image twice to show the progress!

 

Image011.jpg

 

Welding on the swivel-castors...

 

Image019.jpg

 

The base assembled!

 

Image024.jpg

 

We then drilled and attached the threaded rod, making the whole assembly height-adjustable :bash:

 

So thats the end product, I'll get better pics on Monday if I'm down that way.

 

After that was done, the old man proceeded to remove the rusted battery tray. The area had been plated before, but hasnt been done to the standard I want it to be done at.

 

Image025.jpg

 

Grind grind, cut cut!

 

Image026.jpg

 

The hole in the bodywork where the rusted metal was cut out (more to be done next weekend when we drill out the spot welds to remove the rest of the bracket).

 

Image027.jpg

 

The removed rusted metal bits. Nice!

Edited by Raven

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.