Dans Ea Falcon (burnout Vid Pg2)

Dan

G'day all..

Bought an EA Falcon off a forum member for a bargain price last week, took delivery of it on Friday night.. its my boonger and I love it ;).

As it sits, it runs the 3.9L powerhouse (!), three speed auto (should have put oil in it for the trip home) and an unknown ratio diff. Its 'chardonnay' in colour, complete with faded paint! Interiors great except for a few little bits and pieces, which I'll replace sooner rather than later..

Plans

I plan on tidying up the interior by getting another centre console (this ones rooted, chronic plastic cancer), seat covers and floor mats. Already has a good sound system (4x45w Sanyo CD, 6" Sony splits and old school AKAI 6x9's), so all I might do is get a sub.. doubt it though.

As for the exterior, theres a few things I've done (see pics), but I need to hunt down a RH back door, and if I can find a car the same colour, I'll grab both RH doors and the bonnet and boot for good measure (paints faded or rooted in those locations). Might see if I can get a cheap (ie: very cheap) paint job off some mates in same colour.

As soon as I got the car, I gave it a quick clean and removed all the randomly placed stickers on the back windscreen, and put a K&N sticker on it.. good for 10+ hp.

post-684-1154947501_thumb.jpg

post-684-1154947528_thumb.jpg

Arty farty shot

post-684-1154947559_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan

Members dont see this ad

Haha i'm happy because its mine. Amazed that it managed to get from Freo to Nollamara (40 kays) with no gearbox oil :D

I'm planning on doing a bit of work to it, making myself happy with it, then upgrading to a newer car (either EF or VP, then go to a EL or VR/VS) Hopefully I'll have a decent car by the time I get my licence... still a year until my L's :P So it leaves me a bit of time to get up to a nice car.

Theoretically ;).

yes yes yes, right on the ball there man, ive got parts for a ea, selling all the stuff out of my one, and ive got crow cam vavle springs for ya cam,and the snail manifold, get an alted stage 2, biggest da stock ecy can run, just need verior cam gear, and eb rocker ratio. pulls f@$kin hard ;)

OR ya could do what i was.

tteaxw0.jpg

Cheers, dan

Edited by Hurricane

EF Head, snail manifold, cam, extractors, exhaust = Power house and sounds f@$king awesome

I have a EB 4L head that I am looking at putting on the car, with the stock EA injection.. however the motor that I'll be taking it off, I'm unsure of the condition of the engine, i'm pretty sure that it needs a rering. Maybe the rebuilt 4L could be a better option...

If you ever plan to put it on the road, id be looking at some custom plates

those ones will get u booked

Yeah, it is registered until the end of October, which I am pretty happy with. I'm taking the plates in to the transport authorities all bent up, they'll give me new plates.

Hurricane - would you be selling the LSD?\

Oh, and I painted up the boot fascia, twice now. STILL not happy with the way it came out, going to prepare it a little bit better and paint it again. Will post pictures...

Oh, and I painted up the boot fascia, twice now. STILL not happy with the way it came out, going to prepare it a little bit better and paint it again. Will post pictures...

the 5 P's preparation prevents piss poor performance. I'm more of a holden person so i shall hold my opinion but it should be a good car for you and if you don't like it turn it into a street stock speedway car. ;)

so, Dan... you're still a year away from L's and you've had how many cars?

I'm guessing you live on a farm on which you drive on?

Yep, still a year away from my L's. This is my.. fourth car that I've actually had at my own house. Btw, I live in a 728m block in the suburbs ;) but I've grown up around cars, got supportive parents :D.

post-684-1155109463_thumb.jpg

That was the second shot at painting the boot fascia (badges are only sitting in their spots). Not too happy with the quality, there are some blemishes when you look closely, so its off again to be painted.

Planning on buying a neon to put behind the grill tomorrow :P You guys are gunna hate me.

Edited by Dan