God Loves Ugly

godlovesugly

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

i havent been on here lately cause work has been flat out..... in between exporting container loads of shit ive been getting a small amount of work done to the KE, she had the tappets adjusted yesterday which made a massive difference to the sound but now i can hear that there is a leak at the exhaust manifold so that will be fixed soon, its going back to the mechanic tomorrow cause every now and then it does this funny thing when i stop the motor and it keeps on going for a little bit... something about pinging ive been told but i don't know what the hell that is, which is why i leave it to the experts.

ive got a couple of questions that you rolla gurus will have answers for.

where is the best place to get moulded carpets for the KE20?? please don't just give me some ad you've seen in a mag, i want to hear from people who have bought the carpet themselves, not people who have a friend of a cousin who once knew a guy that had a dream about getting some KE20 carpet.

Also, how can i get this big arse crack in my dash repaired?? i hate it

• 1 year later...

well it has been a long time since i updated this. nothing major has happened with my car but i now know a lot more about corollas and just cars in general, its sorta funny reading my first post now.

engine wise nothing has changed except now i know how to fix most things myself which is saving me a bit of cash. its still running like a dream and sounds nice. I have rebuilt a pair of mikuni solex sidedraughts from the 2TG that will eventually be strapped to the 3T, I'm just waiting for some spare cash to buy the manifold, linkage kit and get them tuned. once that is done the engine is finished and the only other work in the engine bay will be cleaning up the wiring and painting the engine bay.

exterior wise ive got some 14 x 7 wheels of some sort, i dunno what the are called but they are alright. the inside part is painted black now and just the lip left polished. but more importantly i have a set of SSR mark 2s on the way, 13x7 for the front and 13x8 for the back, yeah they have a bit dish on them :-). when they arrive they'll be sent off for a full refurb and get the centre star bit painted the same colour as my car.

also put on some fender mirrors which IMO was the best 200 bucks ive spent on my car, it just looks so much more pimpin now.

interior, i now have some chocolate stains on the passenger seat and some ciggie burn holes in the carpet. ive also got a overrated dash pad thanks to Raven but thats still in wrapping until the interior gets retrimmed.

future plans are TE27 style bolt on flares, lower it more once the SSR's arrive, get the twin carbs on and tuned and sounding awesome, interior retrimmed in black vinyle to match the original back seats. then its done and i move onto my TE27 project.

new wheels go on, they are now black on the inside with just the polished lip, it looks better now:

side.jpg

Fender mirrors not long after that

101-0105_IMG.jpg

101-0107_IMG.jpg

almost forgot that i got these wheels as well to pick up this weekend, i seen them before the SSRs and they were cheap so i grabbed them but now that ive got SSRs coming I'm not sure what will happen to these. they are ROHs apparently but ive never seen another set.

680c_1.jpg

very tight car dude :hmm:

i think they call those rims globes :sob:

they set the car of well but i will have to see what the ssr rims look like on the car

those "roh" if thats what they are. look strange i have never seen them before either

but until they have tyres on them fitted to the car i don't know

other wise keep up the gook work illbewatchin very closely :cool: :y: :y:

Nice pickup mate, let me tell you the T engine is already a great improvement

on th 3k. This gives you a great starting point.

If you are serious about a rotor, keep in mind it will not be a cheap conversion.

yeah the rotor idea went out the window a while ago. i know a mechanic in sutherland building a 12A powered KE20 and i asked how much to put on one in my car and he said at least 15K with brakes and everything else to get it engineered. for that money i could buy a KE or an RX thats will be heaps quicker.

i think the 3T with twin sidedraughts will do me for a while, when i get sick of that ill get a blacktop 20v or find a 4AGTE that someone else has poured thousands into for me to enjoy.

do you guys ever have cruises or meets or anything?? ive got a mate with a 4age powered KE25 and we're always keen to go for a little drive around the sydney area or down to wollongong or something.

• 3 months later...

it has been a long time since ive updated this.

in the last couple of months i have been reading about these 3t engines and ive come to the conclusion that a carby powered NA 3t will not do..... i need EFI, and i need boost.... and i don't want a 4a powered corolla so the 3T needs some work.

so i got an 3teu EFI manifold that came up on ebay to get the EFI side of things started. at the moment i have everything except for one important part.... a fuel rail.... its pretty well impossible to find an original 3teu fuel rail so I'm getting a custom one made up which should be ready after the christmas break so by the third week of january the carby will be gone and a microtech will be controlling everything.

ignition is now electronic using parts from a 22r dizzy.

this is the only pic i have of the EFI manifold, its got the curved shiny runners and looks good when its all together

db1b_1.JPG

have also ordered a front lip from thailand ebay guy. i don't think its going to be a perfect fit but ill make it work. if i need to get flares to fit my SSRs than i will, but hopefully i wont need any flares. that can wait though.

i have also picked up a nice turbo and manifold from the states. this wont be used for about six months though, i need to get some decent brakes and suspension sorted before i throw any boost at the engine.

5f09_12.JPG

ive also got some SSR Mk2's that i need to get cleaned up and then ill put them on. i think they are 13x7 and 13x8. they are pimp. but the wheels are the last thing on the list at the moment, first i need EFI, then brakes/suspension, then boost, then wheels, then maybe a respray and retrim. then i eat noodles for 12 months to pay for it all lol

ill get some updated pics of the car once this front lip arrives and i put it on. oh yeah its also got an oil cooler as well and a brand spankin new dash..... i think thats everything