Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly Front Wheel Drive is not cool

I drove the new MPS 3 Mazda the other day. 190Kw FWD. As much as it really hurts to admit it, it's a seriously good thing. Had it at Willowbank track as well and it was more fun than a backyard full of Labradors. Good chassis, fabulous power delivery (torque limited via DCS) 1st and 2nd. Everything available after that. Pure torque steering animal with the DCS off though. :)

Who'd have thought.

Sadly Front Wheel Drive is not cool

And no offence to the camry drivers out there... but blech :P

man thats all i drive now is my ae82 and my mums camry.i would drive the pajero but you know drifting isnt cool in a 4wd :) .for some reason i feel the erge to put a body kit, exhaust, mags, turbo kit and some doof in my mums v6 camry.it pulls hard, kept up with a stock vu ss ute till about 120kph. :)

As much as I hate to admit it, alot of other car manufacturers have it well and truly over Toyota in both interior and exterior design. Havig driven some of it's direct competition, it still has a way to go. Go Drive a Mazda 6 and then tell me which car you would rather own.

Toyota have a habit of taking bland to a new level.

As much as I hate to admit it, alot of other car manufacturers have it well and truly over Toyota in both interior and exterior design. Havig driven some of it's direct competition, it still has a way to go. Go Drive a Mazda 6 and then tell me which car you would rather own.

Toyota have a habit of taking bland to a new level.

it looks like a mazda maybe its taken some of its performance

To me it seems like Toyota is currently going through a period of styling very similar in application to Mazda in the 90s. Bland, frumpy sedans and hatches that have decent technical merit and solid reliability, but there just happens to be some very cool looking cars on sale next door (Honda, Subaru) and across the street (Hyundai) that are just as reliable, yet cost less. Mazda's saviour was in the form of the Mazda6, a stylish affordable medium sedan that set benchmarks for dynamics, performance and style.

Here's hoping Toyota's Mazda6 comes along sooner rather than later, because they are in desperate need of a styling revival.