All New Sportivo Concept

Ruts

sportivo.jpg

Toyota has turned to a group of 14-18 year olds to help formulate a styling direction to appeal to the next generation of car buyers.

The manufacturer hopes the recently unveiled Sportivo Coupe concept sports car is just the vehicle to get the Toyota brand back in the minds of young drivers.

The exterior was designed in Melbourne by 29 year old Nick Hogios who won Wheels magazine's Young Designer of the Year Award in 1999.

His final design was based on feedback collected during market research sessions with a group of teenagers. "Other manufacturers are using motorsport and V8 engines but the Australian youth market is increasingly responding to small capacity forced-induction engines," Hogios says. "Especially if they perform well and sound good."

The all-wheel-drive Sportivo Coupe employs technology that Hogios says challenges convention, governments and motoring authorities equally.

Take, for instance, the Sportivo Coupe's speedometer. It relies on signals mounted on roadside advisory signs to display the speed limit at all times in the car. The speedo reconfigures itself, with the new limit positioned at the top of the dial for easy reference.

...... [more later]

Taken directly from the Motor Section of the Geelong Independant Friday June 4.

Members dont see this ad

far be it from me to think i know what young sports car owners might want in a small force inducted motor vehicle, but i wonder if toyota have thought of

MAKING IT REAR WHEEL DRIVE

and thats just ugly. it looks like a nissan 350z crossed with a drag honda civic, LAME! i f@$king hate new cars, they all just look like each other, where's the creativity these days? here are some good looking cars, all from the same era, all in the same class, each with their own unique identity and look

http://www.toygarage.com/featured_car/Tiny%20TE27.jpg

http://www.selectmaz.com.au/images/bodykits/r100l.jpg

http://martybugs.net/DatsunPix/pix/andy.jpg

*shakes head*

- thats supost to be a good looking car? (looking @ 1 in first post)...

, i really need to walk into a toyota design shop and give them some points

- Rear wheel drive (jamie, u couldnt of said it better)

- none of this modern lookin crap - goa, look at the older models when they had style, and try and comeup with a more modern 1, but still with the old style... - if that makes sence...

- and ffs, don't go all hyunidi on us and fill the cars with plastic... eeeekk !!!

But thats only my 2C, and I'm more than happy with my Ke70... adleast back then they knew how to design cars that lasted...