Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alarms

Featured Replies

I searched for something relative to this but I couldn't find anything...possibly because I'm still choking on rage.

 

My KE70 was broken into last night (just found out then) and although they only managed to get my horrible speakers, I'm still angry as pie. Now there's also something in my lock too.

 

What I'm wondering is, is if there's any nice medium between an effective alarm and a cheap alarm. I want protection but don't have major dollars for it. Other than clearing out the garage and getting it in there, this is really the only thing I've got to protect it.

 

Any suggestions?

jip_01 got an alarm installed in his beast it cost him about $1000 i think it works good.a mate of mine bought a second hand alarm system for his ceilo and he wired it in himself it cost him about $240 all up inluding the alarm,it protects a $3000 alpine set up.if you wire one in yourself be prepared to throw spanners and tools at your car cause you will get pissed off at it :lock: .alarm stickers might deter theives and a wheel lock will help alot. ;)

Edited by too quick

An alarm will stop amatuers, nothing will stop pro's.

 

So just get something cheap that makes a HEAP of noise, and it should be fine. Spending $1000 on an alarm for a standard corolla seems a little excessive.

 

I have a $450 (fitted) Fusion alarm, it's loud as hell and is very good, it was bought to protect my $5000 worth of stereo, and it worked well.

 

If you are worried about the actual whole car going missing, immobilisers are the way to go. As many as you can, just make your own it's not that hard if you know a bit about wiring.

 

Steering locks are a good visual deterent, and a nice little flashing light from the immobiliser/alarm will help too.

You can pick up a cheap little alarm for around $70-90 dollars that has a full feature car alarm system, with Keyless entry.

 

Shop around to find the best price.

 

Its not necessarily the more you spend the better it will be.

 

Second hand doesnt mean second best.

Lets just say that in theory the flashing light is a good idea. Until some dropkick tries to break in anyway??

 

My alarm wasn't quite a grand but close to it. But that included the central locking. I got myself a Mongoose 80 Series. Its got 3 point immobilisation.

 

All up my alarm probably would have costed around the same as rolla__boy's.

 

I got it straight from Mongoose up here in bris, but its also available in AutObarn.

 

Shop around, see waht appeals to you.

the sort of car it is will determine what sort of thief will steal it.

Pros will bring a tow truck and a gun, but are usually after better cars than corollas.

 

People who target corollas are most likely to be people after an easy car to steal or junkies after quick loot.

 

I put my alarm in myself, its very easy and you can buy battery backup sirens from Jaycar.

Flashing light will deter people that don't know their way around immobilisers... and if they don't get deterred by the flashing light, they most probably won't be deterred by an immobiser. If you can wire something up, someone will be able to get past it.

 

Try a get f@$ked siren. I've been thinkingof wiring up a siren on a remote powered (solenoid ?) using the same switch as his door lights. When the interior light comes on, so will the siren, if its been enabled (basically putting a switch in the circuit for the siren, which runs through the power for the interior light. switch is remote operated).. that will deter someone from stealing shit from inside your car. If you want to demobilize the car, put a fuel switch in, or just take out the dizzy rotor if its going to be sitting there for a while, its easy and takes the best of thirty seconds.

 

But, as said previously, if someone wants your car, its theres... sadly

  • Author

I'm pretty much just after noise. I want to deter the wankers from stealing anything half-valuable in the car. Luckily I took my spare XR4's out on Saturday arvo.

 

So, yeah, this 'get f@$ked' siren sounds like a good idea.

dr dre has some awesome car alarms, camara's on his suv's and smoke screen squirters. :lock:

  • Author

I'd rather just sit in my car with a punch to the nose ready for those wankers.

do you park your car on street or off?

Edited by too quick

  • Author

It's on the street unfortunately. I'll have to clear space in the garage and squeeze it next to mum's car now.

the alarm system I'm having will be connected upto the train horns as an emergency setting.

 

:lock:

have a look on ebay i got myself a nice alarm off there cost me bugger all and installed it myself, now i got two flashing lights one from the old immoblizer and a nice bright blue one for the alarm/immoblizer (yeah i have two immoblizers)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.