Kexx Models :d

i didn't mean you were wrong.....

here in the us; most corollas were 't' series; they got bigger brakes, rear ends, suspension, engines and transmissions as well as better trim

the ke1x here went from 9/67-4/70

the 1970 models went fron 4/69-4/70 and got the 3kc, bigger front turnsignals, bigger side markers and added rear sidemarkers as well

you're on target for model no.s, but the "70" models were ke11, ke17, ke18. there were no 4 doors here prior to '71

the ke2x started in '71 here, the 2tc bieng first availible in '72 ("t" series)

also there were no 4door wagons until the '75 model year, and ALL wagons were 4 doors after

we never got a panelvan, i made daisy what she is.

we never got a ke/te5x (other than the te51) it went from the te31 to the te72. the "k" series ended in '78, the "t" series ended in '82 and we only got the ae72 ONE year (1983) then it went to the ae82 and ae86.

now this is just for here, but it may be true in other areas

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found one mistake in your listings for the KE38 .... they came with the 4K-C motor ... your listing only has the 3K-C

I only say because we pulled a 4K-C black motor out of my KE-38 when we threw in the 5K ... the 4K then got rebuilt as a rally engine for a KE-25

sweet due, i think i have fixed everything now.

Just waiting for someone to confirm ^^^^ this comment then i will change it :)

well, if you have any troubles, just drop me a line and l'll take a photo of the compliance plate ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Aleks

dude, its not anything personal, it just that you only have 4 posts, i know this doesnt change how muchyou may know about rollas, it just i would rather be 100% than go and change it and have someone else tell me that i was right the first time, and have to f@$k around trying to fix it :thumbsup:

But on this occasion i shall change it since your so confi dent :)

Cheers

Nathan

dude, its not anything personal, it just that you only have 4 posts, i know this doesnt change how muchyou may know about rollas, it just i would rather be 100% than go and change it and have someone else tell me that i was right the first time, and have to f@$k around trying to fix it ;)

But on this occasion i shall change it since your so confi dent :y:

Cheers

Nathan

that's cool :y: I forgot I was the noob here ... too many years around the traps ... and sorry, didn't meant it to sound indignant ... I literally meant it as an offer to confirm it for you ... all good :y:

here's something for y'all to research ... I can't remember how accurate it was, but there used to be a designation system around the colour of the blocks ... I know of Ks coming in red, geen and black ... I was told it was something to do with the number of engines that had been made on that particular set of tooling ...

Early 3K's were painted green and had the engine number stamped on the forward end of the block (RHS aft looking forward). Similar I believe to the K motor. Later 3K's were painted red and had the engine number stamped on the aft end of the block (RHS, ALF). I'm assuming later engines were the black ones, but I've never made it past 1974.....