Great Ocean Rd Cruise. 27-28jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

TheNOBBLER

I had a slight incident with my bonnet flying up. Repaired most of it yesterday, just gotta get my body repairs fixed and i think i'll be securing the bonnet with wire for the trip just in case it decides it wants to fly up again.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah don't think ill be able to come up with a grand for the new box, and i think that money would be better spent on getting the rolla on the road.

things are getting closer on the rolla, running out of things to do on it, i'll be finishing the fuel system tomorrow and that will be almost as much as i can do, have to get the mounts welded up and then it the engine goes back in and it goes off to workshops for the rest

ill be taging along in my mates beemer for the cruze i think!

yeah don't think ill be able to come up with a grand for the new box, and i think that money would be better spent on getting the rolla on the road.

things are getting closer on the rolla, running out of things to do on it, i'll be finishing the fuel system tomorrow and that will be almost as much as i can do, have to get the mounts welded up and then it the engine goes back in and it goes off to workshops for the rest

ill be taging along in my mates beemer for the cruze i think!

Dude, dude, dude..... :P Burnouts can be very expensive. Of all people, I know this coz I've been there and done that.

I'll be seein mick today so I'll metion your mounts and x-member.

Can't wait to give that beema a run :)

^^^ just wait til I unload 3 peoples gear and 2 of the people for that! I'm going to be on bumpstops for most of the trip :)

Must be a nissan/holden thing... I have never broken anything doing a good skid... never!

Well, as we only have a week and a half to go we need to sort out departure points etc...

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this earlier but noone gave a response? can't remember!

Anyway, I was thinking the Altona bound Maccas/Mobile fuel station on the western ring rd... thats an easy to get too point for the melbourniens. Then we will head to queenscliff to meet the rest of the mob and make our way down to the ocean rd.

We will need to leave there at 7:30-8am to be in queenscliff by 9am to meet the crew as they get off the ferry... Then we will get crackin and make our way to torquay, then Lorne and onto Apollo Bay.

Anyone have a problem with this? Let me know.

Jarrad

Must be a nissan/holden thing... I have never broken anything doing a good skid... never!

Jarrad

you weren't goin hard enough!! (jokes)

I broke plenty with my old corollas. I've had 6 old girls and broke 9 gearboxes. My other cars I've broken approx. 10 diffs, 2 gearboxes, 5 autos, 4 motors all in the name of doing a wicked skid. I miss those days but I've grown wiser since then. I just build em tough enough to handle it :)

cheers Leigh the Devourer of Tyres

I personally think it died after it was beaten by the N/A twinky(the shame of loosing to n/a was too much for the posman beast and said enough is enough) . :jamie:

and leigh you are just a born thrasher and we all know it.

see yall when we get off the boat....

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

See you at the Airpor Teddy!

Well, the time has finally come everyone! A "tri-state" event for Rollaclub!

Hopefully the weather will hold off as we have showers predicted but otherwise its looking great! can't wait to catch up with everyone from melb and especially the guys and gals from SA, should be sweet!

Just a note for everyone, PULP is available in Apollo Bay, so if its needed (like me) then its there. Also, being Aus Day it should be pretty busy so enjoy yourselves on the road but be sensibleish (I can talk...), most of all enjoy yourself while your there!

To the Melb members, remember, 7:30am at the Ring Rd Maccas Altona bnd, leave by 8am! If we don't we will be late to queenscliff!

See you all there!

Jarrad