What Muffler For Ke-30???

Grey - Bags

hey guys

I got a ye old ke-30 as my first car, I'm pretty happy with most of it but its just lacking that sound that gets a teenagers hormones running. She has a fairly stock 4k engine with stock headders and what not its got a cat on it, the original tailpipe is 1.5" I'm just wondering what would sound the s**t off the back for as less cash as possible. I was thinking of gettin rid of the stocky and wackin a canon 3" outlet, tho it may look a bit..."I wish i was a lancer". The other option was just going for a normal sports muffler dual tip or single. Maby i cud just chop the muffler on and have a straight pipe lol.

PS. i unbolted the exhaust from cat back...sounds great (nice burbble) suprisingly not too loud might be because of the cat.

any tips would be great :)

Members dont see this ad

Straight through sports muffler on the rear with a 3" Droop tip. A nice long resonator in the middle somewhere. A long resonator will give a deeper exhaust note. Whereas a shorter resonator in length may be prone to putting out a crazy frog tinny noise. Something in the 450mm range for a resonator works well.

With the Cat attached, this system may be a little quiet for you. I recommemend leaving the resonator on though.

Mates KE35 has a worked 3k with a straight thru 2.5" exhaust on it. Its a bit loud when its up in the revs, I'd reckon a 2" exhaust with a long resonator would sound alot better.

If your only after some noise, regardless of legalitys, whack your exhaust back on and chop it *after* the diff.

Dan

hey guys

PS. i unbolted the exhaust from cat back...sounds great (nice burbble) suprisingly not too loud might be because of the cat.

Two inch system is all you'll require.

Ummmm...... The only cats KE30's have are the feline kind that sleep on top of them.

Ummmm...... The only cats KE30's have are the feline kind that sleep on top of them.

absolute gold, your probably just mistaking the middle muffler for a cat.

what i did to my mates 4k was, cut the rear muffler of and replaced it with a 2 inch resonator, sounds great.

there are resonaters that you can buy for older cars like rollas and geminis that have nice tip on them, there designed to replace the rear muffler

Sounds like a resonator is the go...

the thing i thougth was a cat, just looks like a miniture version of the stock muffler so you guys a prolly right..(funny you say my cat does sleep on it... and does other things to it...)

any idea on how loud it will be with just a resonator in place of the muffler? I'm guessing this will be cheeper than buying an actual muffler...

ill make sure i do it after rego lol or ill make it bolt on/off so i can just bolt the stock or the resonator on depending on mood..

thanks for your help :)

Edited by Grey - Bags

don't go cannon. will sound ghey

just go nice sports muffler with decent size, but not too long pipe. matt black 4" dumper always looks great

A cannon doesn't sound THAT bad behind a 4K, you just have to make sure it's a little one (is there such thing? I thought they only came in large, extra large, and Silvia)

Our KE55 (with stock 4k) has a straight-through system to the rear cannon, and it sounds a heap better than most shitbox Lancers/Mirages/Pulsars etc you see running around with a cannon on a weedy engine

JiP_01 has a sports system on his 4k ke30 and *drool* it sounds tough as.

I HAVE FANS!!!!

:) :) :)

And if i could do it all again, which i will on the next car, i'm gonna go drop it.

Edited by JiP_01

You want a phat sound? Saw exhaust in half at round about the location of the front seats...

To roadworthy mine I replaced the rusted out resonator with a bit of custom pipe (cost: $10). The other night, the u-bolt loosened sufficiently to allow separation of the two halves, with the result of straight pipes. Crazazy stuka bomber noises all night long, till I bolted it back up the next morn. Hehe.

Have I told this story before? I love this story...