Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How To Make Rose-jointed Lca's

Featured Replies

I was browsing around and found this neat little article.

 

I'm going to do this on my KE25 and my KE36 so it seems pretty good. Should help some of you out attempting to do this on your corolla.

 

Clicky Clicky Here

Edited by Raven

how dangerous would this be regarding strength?

  • Author

They can be engineered as rose-joints can now be tested for strength through an engineer, which would make them street legal.

 

For all you KE20/25 and KP60/1 owners, T3 adjustable camber plates are $232 delivered to your door.

 

I emailed Techo Toy Tuning today.

 

I'll be investing in a set of those for my KE25 :wink:

The heating of any suspension or steering components is illegal so i would check it out before taking it to an engineer. Also unless you know how to weld PROPERLY i wouldnt do it there is to much that can weaken welds if you don't do it right.

 

Sorry to burst your bubble

It may be a good idea while one is at it to box section the whole arm to minimalise flex

As long as it is welded and reinforced properly, then wouldnt be an issue with it at all.

 

A weld can LOOK good but its STRENGTH can be absolute rubbish. Get it done by someone who is genuinely experienced with this kind of welding and have it X-rayed if possible.

Has anyone picked the minor detail that is wrong with these arms??

 

THEY WILL GIVE ABOUT 6 OR 7 DEGREES NEGATIVE CAMBER!!

 

This is a BAD idea!! I put in a set of Sigma lower arms which were only about 1in longer than the standard Corolla ones, and I had 6 degrees negative!! Which is way , way too much!!

 

You WILL need adjustable strut-tops to re-adjust the camber after doing this mod... Not to mention that standard wheels (or regular-fitment Hotwire and stuff) will poke out beyond the guards and you'll need flares atleast!!

 

Will anyone back me up on this one?? Who else has experience with lower arms??

on what model corolla nick?

 

on a ke25 according to my control arms it would induce positive camber

Wow home made rose joins, I'm sorry but unless you're a profession fabricator/welder you're an idiot for even trying

I changed the LCAs in both my KE30 and KE36. I put in 2 differnt types of Sigma LCAs (one early type, just like a corolla one... and a later type, with a bolt-on balljoint)

 

The early type made a perfect adjustment to the camber being between 1.5 and 2 deg neg. The later type were no good, as they made too big a difference in the camber.

 

 

I have never looked under a KE25, so I wouldn't know. Are they still Macpherson strut the same as KE30-70??

yeah they are, except they use longer control arms than later corollas. bout 330-335mm from the centre of the inner bush to the centre of the balljoint

  • Author

Yep, it might give you more negative camber, but I believe that is why they are adjustable :jamie:

Edited by Raven

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.