2tg Into A Ke20?

Jordan

That's true, because AE92's came out with that engine in Australia.

No TE2x ever came out in Australia.

I have argued this point numerous times, no one ever believes it until they get it in writing from their respective state registration authority. So away you go.

Members dont see this ad

There was a post somewhere, either here or toymods, where a guy in qld was asking basically the same question.

When he spoke to the Qld Reg branch, he found the story was the same.

Whatever the case, don't believe anything that isn't in writing.

• 4 weeks later...
ye no worry's thanks.

Hi mate, as far as mounts go, mine are just cut and modded standard 2t mounts. They look pretty agricultural but have done 3 seasons of racing without any probs.

post-5916-1267681072_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267681128_thumb.jpg

And for brake booster, I use a VH44 booster and a Datsun 1600 master cylinder.

post-5916-1267681275_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267681329_thumb.jpg

With the booster remotely mounted you have room to run twin side draft carbies.

post-5916-1267681384_thumb.jpg

Edited by ausca62

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm chasing some more information on the brake/clearance issue. I have twin side draughts on my 2tgeu, I'm just test fitting it now and I'm wondering if theres another brake master cylinder i can use that is hard up against the firewall? or any alternative options. I don't want to use a brake booster at this time.

RHD TE27's came out in Japan with both boosted and non boosted brakes. I can't answer your question for you sorry.

I have taken the approach of sourcing a Japanese pedal box and brake master cylinder and booster. Having seen a genuine TE27 and noticed how tight things are room wise, I can tell you the master cylinder needs to be hard up against the strut tower with about a bees dick of clearance.

I am also going to be running a factory airbox. Don't forget to leave adequate clearance for some sort of air filter arrangement