Old Ass American Cars

mikeys toy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI YA Mike,firstly loving what you are doing to try n save the classic yank metal,a friend of mine her in queensland australia has a1960 2 door post chevrolet belair in nearly finneshed rebuild stage.

he is looking for a few parts to complete this project and make the car real pretty,arethere any of this described model in the yards that you are dealing with or perhaps parts stored away.

cheers

teza40

morayfield,queensland,australia

p.s. can post pic of this car before restoration started (when i find it) if required.

HI MIKEY,Ok found pic of mates 1960 chev 2 door belair

post-2215-1168318434_thumb.jpg

he is looking for the chrome mouldings, e.g. rear quarter etc,I'm guessing very hard to get hold of (but even harder over here in australia).

any help will be much appreciated,and yes that is an international scout pick up in the back ground.

cheers

teza40

YOU'RE IN LUCK!!

he has about 6 '60 chevys, 2-3 2drs, 1-2 4drs, 1-2 wagons

and yes; that is a mirthmobile...in good shape except it looks like they backed into something and caught the slightly open driver's door and bent the shit outta it.

he has about 10 Falcons some 2drs and several small rancheros

YOU'RE IN LUCK!!

he has about 6 '60 chevys, 2-3 2drs, 1-2 4drs, 1-2 wagons

and yes; that is a mirthmobile...in good shape except it looks like they backed into something and caught the slightly open driver's door and bent the shit outta it.

he has about 10 Falcons some 2drs and several small rancheros

HI Mikey, wow hows that for luck,would it be possible to get photos of the 2 door 60`s particularly the mouldings,doors. i will contact him let him know.what dollars also would he be looking at.he has a contact for a businees over there that imports stuff to a business local to us in australia.

cheers

teza

No Holdens aren't gay..

Just as a general, any Commodores made after the VK are SHIT (and I'm sort of including the VK), and anything that Holden made that was front wheel drive was also shit.. I have a soft spot for VN-VP SS's and VY SS's though.. old holdens are very nice, and like Geoff said, anyone who doesn't appreciate the lines of a EH should be shot - same goes for anyone that doesn't appreciate HK-HG holdens..

But yeah, I'm a Ford man and while I wouldn't mind owning a few Holdens I'd still prefer to have a Ford - give me a XW or a XB-D anyday :)