Old Ass American Cars

mikeys toy

I've searched and searched but can't find the thread; "Look out Tokyo"....oh, well

Well, a friend of mine has been scrapping old cars out here since the '50s. So anyone with the money to pay for shipping could have these pretty cheap

I didn't want to post this in the for sale area, because it's not really that kind of deal as we were already talking about this

Here is a '63 Chevy Impala 2dr ht with a 230 I-6 and a powerslide. the trunklid is damaged but there is a 4dr parts car with a cherry one to go with it. $800usd! shipping is up to you. I can help with logistics here in the states, but overseas stuff is up to you

He has all kinds of old stuff out there!!!

post-432-1167461564_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167461600_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167461643_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167461676_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a lot of old school american stuff.

There is a 63 plymouth fury II wagon in a car yard near my place. Ther car has been sitting there for nearly 15 years and the guy wont talk turkey with me on a price. The price on the ticket in the window is 15,000 which was what was written the day it entered the yard. I am not willing to pay that sort of money considering it needs a substantial amount of work.

After that i decided to look into importing from the states. A company here in aus will buy the car for you and ship it to your nearest major port for around 2500 au (i think). I thought 2500 was reasonable as a plymouth fury in good running order and tidy condition on american ebay went for around 4000 au. 4000 + 2500 = 6500 au which in my book is very cheap for such a car.

He doesnt have any plymouth fury wagons does he mikey? haha

Yup and parts are non-existant over there.

He has a super clean '66 furyI 4dr and a rough '66 fury III. I ALMOST got the FuryI; but decided on the '53 instead. it runs and drives now, I put a battery in it, primed the carb and it fired and stayed running. the gas is pretty sour though.

look in the field behind the '51 you will see the FuryIII. These could be had for less than the Impala.

post-432-1167491265_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167491283_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167491346_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeys toy

WOW, yes liking the plymouth fury 1 sedan very much.i rebuilt the same model car here in australia many years ago,tho we called them dodge phoenix and they had the right hand drive dash out of the canadian polara (i think).and the fury 1 picture is our actual offering in1965 new here.

where are these cars located mike and how much u.s.d would the fury1 sedan be to purchase as a matter of interest?

cheers

teza

Yeah teza... you're spot on with the fury/phoenix differences.... mate of mine had a gunmetal grey 66 phoenix (like the white fury in the pics) when I had my 65 chev belair. We were so pimp. :y:

Mikey I'm going to think seriously about coming up and checking out that fury I and the new yorker.... Are either of them missing any major components? Mainly the brightwork and other external trim bits are my main concern, and whether I can fit both in one container... I have 7'10" to play with...

The Fury I is all there, has a POLY 318, 904 column shift. it runs now, goes into gear, but the gas is too old for it to pull itself on 4 flats sunk into the dirt. it's been sitting there at least 10 years

the Fury III is missing some components, is beat up and a little more rusty. but it has a big block 383 and a 727.

The new yorker appears to be all there and in good shape, very little rust. Haven't tried to start it. Most likey a big block 400 or 440.

the newport 4dr has a bigblock 400 and is missing the distributor.

our phoenix/pioneer;

speaking of '65 belairs....look at the car next to it.....he has about 5 of them

post-432-1167542229_thumb.jpg

post-432-1167542269_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeys toy