January 13, 200719 yr comment_159192 Hi all I'm thinking about putting a 7k into my ke35 coupe. My coupe at the moment has a 3k-c with a ke70's 5 speed and a stock diff. My main questions are- 1) If i am going to have upgrade my gearbox and diff 2) Are there any major upgrades needed 3) And i have herd that it should bolt straight in but i may have to change the sump to a 5k sump is this true Thanks heaps Luke :hmm: Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159206 umm raven aren't the 7K blocks exactly 11mm wider than 5K and down to K motors so wont ONLY 7K sumps fit them and you have to bash and modify them as no other sump will fit? So to my knowledge to question 3 also is a NO. Also where did you get your 7K from? Cameron Report
January 13, 200719 yr Author comment_159207 i havent got the 7k yet but i may have 1 lined up from a mate Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159211 Just as a side note here.... I can obtain and import 7K-E (injected) motor/gearbox/loom from indonesia rather cheaply... I have a friend who imports furniture and miscellaneous crap by the containerload... these engines were released in the Toyota Kijang and were produced from 1994-2004 and sold by the bucketload... the only thing more common in indonesia than a kijang is bad teeth Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159212 "only thing more common in indonesia than a kijang is bad teeth" hahahha, love that :hmm: Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159214 Go into engine conversions forum and on the second page go into " 7k into ke10" i know you don't have a ke10 but it will be a huge help. Any questions, pm me. Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159216 bad teeth and bintang.... aaah the memories. love the place though... cheap everything, corrupt police, no such thing as a defective vehicle :hmm: Report
January 13, 200719 yr comment_159218 cameron: I believe the blocks are taller due to increased stroke, but width wise I've heard of people putting 7k's straight into cars that were fitted with 3k and 4k motor's, you just have to change the sump and possibly the oil pickup over. Edited January 13, 200719 yr by Raven Report
January 14, 200719 yr comment_159442 cameron: I believe the blocks are taller due to increased stroke, but width wise I've heard of people putting 7k's straight into cars that were fitted with 3k and 4k motor's, you just have to change the sump and possibly the oil pickup over. Ok here we go, the sump WILL NOT fit from a 5K the 7K block is wider by 11mm,you will need to modify one or the other. Yes they have a taller deck height and if your exhaust is close to the floor it may well touch with the 7K in there. The engine mounts can be made to fit woith some shimming in a KE20 onwards. Report
January 18, 200719 yr comment_159997 I'm thinking about putting a 7k into my ke35 coupe.My coupe at the moment has a 3k-c with a ke70's 5 speed and a stock diff. so are you going to do it or what??????????????? Report
January 18, 200719 yr Author comment_160031 ok now my mate wants to put the 7k into his bro's car so now i don't have a 7k lined up so I'm gonna pull together some more cash and go looking for another 7k :jamie: Report
January 18, 200719 yr Author comment_160054 nar I'm going to stick with the 7k easier and cheaper :jamie: Report
January 18, 200719 yr comment_160063 Easier? Much of a muchness really. I know what I'd choose..... and it wouldn't be a K motor.... Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now