May 20, 201016 yr comment_438800 Yeah I want a Caldina for family duties as well. Missus isn't as much as a fan of them as me though,.... and she has to drive it. BTW - Did you happen to see the 318 in Saturdays Examiner classified that's got an RB20DET in it? Report
May 20, 201016 yr Author comment_438893 Yeah I want a Caldina for family duties as well. Missus isn't as much as a fan of them as me though,.... and she has to drive it. BTW - Did you happen to see the 318 in Saturdays Examiner classified that's got an RB20DET in it? Caldina.... I haven't driven one of them. Must consider it. A 3 series with an RB..... that's good. That would be nice..... I haven't thought of checking the papers, only been looking at the net. More keen on a smaller car than larger, a 3 series might be good. Thanks, Rob. Report
May 20, 201016 yr comment_438970 There's only 1 Caldina in the state that I know of, and an RC member owns it. Just had a look on the trading post and tassiecars for the beemer, and its not listed on either. I'll let you know if its still in tomoz's examiner. Report
May 23, 201016 yr Author comment_439438 There's only 1 Caldina in the state that I know of, and an RC member owns it. Just had a look on the trading post and tassiecars for the beemer, and its not listed on either. I'll let you know if its still in tomoz's examiner. Cheers Taz Rx. My 2 KE20's got picked up just yesterday by a guy with a Caldina, a black one just yesterday. He is from L'ton way, so I guess it may be him. So the cars will be up at the 'top end' of the state. Rob. Report
May 24, 201016 yr comment_439685 Roger? Did he come round in tha Caldina? If so what do you think of them? Beemer is still in the examiner. Tried to take a pic of the add with my phone but it came out shit. Add reads: BMW-E30, RB20-Turbo Engineered, custom body kit and paint. 80,000km $10,990 o.n.o. 0449 588 355 Report
May 25, 201016 yr Author comment_440012 Roger? Did he come round in tha Caldina? If so what do you think of them? Beemer is still in the examiner. Tried to take a pic of the add with my phone but it came out shit. Add reads: BMW-E30, RB20-Turbo Engineered, custom body kit and paint. 80,000km $10,990 o.n.o. 0449 588 355 Thanks. I've left a message on the guy's phone. Yeah Roger came down, the Caldina looks like a very practical family car, obviously I didn't get to test drive it though ;). Seen one less than a km from my house too, a Gtt or something to that effect. Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441478 Busted ;) Now I know why my ears were burning :wink: Hey Si theres actually 5-6 ST215 Caldinas floating around Tassie at last count. I havent seen any others in person as I believe the majority are down south. There is also 1 maybe 2 ST246 Dinas as well. One guy had both. As far as I know, 2-3 blue ones, 1 white, 1 silver and my black one. Has the missus seen one in person?? You still want one so it can of been too bad. Rob your are more than welcome to drive my car anytime, next time I'm down i will happily hand the keys over. Might grab yours and run :D Report
June 1, 201016 yr Author comment_441487 Ha!, Hey Roger, will take you up on the offer. I'll make sure the KE25 doesn't have much fuel in it, thanks for the warning :D Catch ya when you're down this way. Took a tidy 3series BMW for a test drive, wasn't overly impressed. Edited June 1, 201016 yr by robj Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441494 Hey Roger. We went to NZ a couple of years ago and Caldinas are like commodores over there so she's seen plenty in person. Unfortunely she just doesn't like them as much as I do. Has her mind set on a 3 series beamer or an altezza for some unknown reason! ;) Had no ideal there was so many in the state already, as seen above I thought you had the only one. Let me now if you ever hear of one for sale in the state. :D Did you hear anything back about the RB beamer Rob? Edited June 1, 201016 yr by Taz_Rx Report
June 1, 201016 yr Author comment_441706 Did you hear anything back about the RB beamer Rob? Taz_Rx Yeah, he rang back. A few things in the BMW RB conversion I would have done differently to make it more reliable, so I left it, and won't buy it. Report
June 4, 201016 yr comment_442305 No worries Rob... must remember to pack full jerry can :abuse: I saw that BM briefly the other night, well I assume it was the same one, didnt sound like a BMW. Yeah Si I havent seen any of them :D Been told about a few and some have popped up on the toyota forums. I think mine was the second one to come to Tas, there was a silver one on the east coast not long after they were approved. But the caldina forum I found him on no longer exists, or I have lost the link :P can't believe I've had it for two years already!! Report
July 25, 201016 yr Author comment_454275 Haven't had a chance to take the car for a nice drive in the twisties lately, as I'm recovering from a knee injury. So just normal spirited driving. Got 7.77 litres per 100km for the last month. Not bad I think. Anyone else agree? Report
July 31, 201016 yr Author comment_455940 Did a few dyno runs today. With a conservative tune, got between 95rwkw and 97.4rwkw at 5600rpm, and a very meaty midrange. No wander it doesn't need lots of revs, AND being a light car. Happy with that. This dyno run got 96.7rwkw Report
August 24, 201016 yr comment_462553 Saw this on the outlet today. I'd never seen a 25 in real life before, I'm glad yours was my first. So damn beautiful, brings a tear to the eye. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_462632 Did a few dyno runs today. With a conservative tune, got between 95rwkw and 97.4rwkw at 5600rpm, and a very meaty midrange. No wander it doesn't need lots of revs, AND being a light car. Happy with that. This dyno run got 96.7rwkw Nice power, I'm running a very similar setup to you(same gearbox, engine, tailshaft and diff) but only getting 90rwkw :) , are you using the standard computer? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now