Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke 25 3sge, Pics

Featured Replies

you going to try and get 50-50 weight balance? or is that close enough for you

  • Replies 155
  • Views 206.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Gunna bring her for a play in the motorkhana on sunday!?

 

Check the tassie section for details. :fuzz:

 

Nah, unfortunately got something else on this weekend.

  • Author
Gunna bring her for a play in the motorkhana on sunday!?

 

Check the tassie section for details. :fuzz:

Nah, unfortunately got something else on this weekend.

  • Author
you going to try and get 50-50 weight balance? or is that close enough for you

 

I don't know if I'll do anymore about weight distribution. So far, without even having adjusted basic things like damper ratings, it is handling well for me, so I doubt it. Feeling more confident taking the car to its' limit than Iwas a few months ago. I don't know if that's a good thing, I'm having to exercise self-control, and save it for the track. :fuzz:

More keen in getting a better steering feel. Now THAT could be a job in itself.... :bash:

ahhh interesting!

 

rack and pinion?

 

i'd be very interested to see how that goes, contemplated doing it with my ke35 just always thought it'd be tooo hard!

my ke20 went from 760kg to 860kg with the 4age/t50 setup. i think the 15" saab chasers would add a bit, motor, gearbox, seats, ke55 diff and front brakes a little heavier, surge tank and pumps, larger exhaust, larger radiator, brake booster. it all adds up.

 

i've since removed the back seat as its engineered as a two seater.

but also added turbo manifold, turbo, intercooler etc.

 

keen to remove the sound deadening and the interior trim and carpet and get some light weight 13"/14" wheels and see what she weighs.

  • Author
my ke20 went from 760kg to 860kg with the 4age/t50 setup. i think the 15" saab chasers would add a bit, motor, gearbox, seats, ke55 diff and front brakes a little heavier, surge tank and pumps, larger exhaust, larger radiator, brake booster. it all adds up.

 

i've since removed the back seat as its engineered as a two seater.

but also added turbo manifold, turbo, intercooler etc.

 

keen to remove the sound deadening and the interior trim and carpet and get some light weight 13"/14" wheels and see what she weighs.

Well, you're 100kg better than mine! I guess the cage, W series 3s will soon add up the weight. I don't have a rear seat in mine anymore either. weight on cars is like money, you don't realise how a little bit here, a little bit there soon adds up to heaps.

 

 

And HEKTIC, yeah, possibly r and pinion. It is easier in a KE30-55 though, they have shorter LCA, and tierods similar in length to many racks.

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

The car (ke25) is going great, it now has rack and pinion in it. But has a bit (not too bad) bump steer. I was hoping to get rid of all bumpsteer.

 

Last night I played around with different tierod lengths/rack rod lengths, and it is vertually make bump steer completely disappear! (5mm out over 4 metres- can't measure that at the wheel!!)

 

When I fix this small problem up, I'll give a report on it.

 

It is a lot nicer to drive, very tight and good feel.

 

Used mainly KE70 stuff, rack, LCA , column etc. Still need to mount the column to the firewall properly though.

 

Loving it.

 

robj

 

Edit: The vital statistics:

 

 

I cut the rack bar by 57/58mm. But that was too much. Extending the bar by 11mm on each side (22mm total) so only 35mm shortened of the bar was ideal.

 

LCA inner pivot points are about 6mm BELOW the end of the rack ends, and 287ish mm from the centre line. That is what worked for my KE25.

Toe is is quite noticeable in droop, but now virtually non exsistent in bump.

Using 40mm RCA blocks at the bottom of the xt130 struts.

Edited by robj

Rack and Pinion in a KE25, I like it ! :bash:

 

Could you put up some pics please ?

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

The car is going really well now.

I've done some 10 000 km, using it nearly every day. That includes a few track days.

The Rack and Pinion has a full length rack in it, and works well.

Been playing with the computer, and getting down to nearly 8l/100km, but usually around 9l /100km. Track days about 30 l/100km!!

Hey champ.

 

More information with this R&P setup would begreatly appreciated as I've been looking into doing this to my KE25 that I'm rebuilding.

 

Cheers

Raven

Hey champ.

 

More information with this R&P setup would begreatly appreciated as I've been looking into doing this to my KE25 that I'm rebuilding.

 

Cheers

Raven

 

 

also very interested in the R&P mod.

 

ive read that using KP61 starlet R&P is an easy way to do it, but if i had access to a KP61 i would be modifying that instead.

 

EDIT: i just went through and read the whole thing and this car is awesome, and you look like my dad. thats all.

Edited by godlovesugly

what an amazing car, words cannot express the amount of drool literally pouring from my mouth

 

i can't believe it's actually road registered too, it must be so much fun! :)

Does the W-58 fit straight to the engine? What bell housing is used?

Hey mate, first of awesome car. Just wandering where you got the flares from, as I'm also doing a KE25 build.

 

Cheers Nick

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.