Ke 25 3sge, Pics

robj

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Last night I tried a number of different things with the cooling system to try and get it work with a thermostat. Including filling the colling system from the bleed valve I recently put behind the head. But no luck. The temp went over 100C, and there was no water flow at all. The water in the radiator was very cold. I bought a new thermostat, but that didn't change things either. Not surewhat's happening.

Seems to work OK with a restrictor plate.

I made a restrictor plate, but drilled too many holes, but it did help. A bit too much water flow. Might try make another one tonight with fewer holes.

Thanks John for checking out your nephew's setup.

I know that when you deal with a lot of people in the car / fabrication industry, there are some you will not go back to.

Then there are those who you trust. Two guys I can highly recommend are Aaron (AZCUSTOM fabrications) and Jonny who both did a lot of the on the car. If anyone wants thier contact details, PM me and I'll pass you on.

Aaron did a lot of the structural stuff such as the strut brace, firewall support and panhard rod and rollcage fabrications.

Jonny was invaluable, also for info and part knowledge. Can't rate these 2 guys highly enough.

I made a more restrictive water outlet, works wellish, (70C - 90C), but will adress it soon, as it is not ideal.

Another pic...

post-891-1194995798_thumb.jpg

Edited by robj

car looks really good mate!

you happy with it? been driving it a fare bit then, anything that you want to work on immediately?

have you got plans for more power later on? stuff like quads, cam's, etc etc?

Thanks HEKTIC.

Yeah, been driving it a fair bit, and very happy with it.

I have a (growing) list of what I am going to do with it after it is rego'ed. Firstly make the steering quicker as it is slower than standard. Also, for my wife's sake too, put in some sound deadening and carpet, it's very loud over 5000rpm. :hmm:

I will raise the back an inch or so, have bottomed it out a few times alread over the curvey bumpy roads.

As far as power goes, more than happy with the top end (5000 - 7000rpm), but maybe would like a bit more between 3500 - 5000. I haven't really tuned that area yet, but compared to the top end, seems to run (and sound) a touch flat. If I can't get moreout of it in that range, not worried, as it still has a good midrange.

Quads cams etc? nah, not in the forseeable future. The top end is doing me well at the moment. :lolcry:

I'm impressed with the responsiveness of the car and motor... move the pedal, and everything else moves striaght away. I guess the short inlet runners will help with that.

Rob.

Hey robj are they my fender plastics with the indicators in them? If so I'm glad to see thay arrived and they are looking shmick!!!

Cheers

Tally

Hi!

Nah, they aren't the ones I got from you. I'm keeping them 'just in case!' They were in good nic. Thanks, Tally.

• 1 month later...

I found a bit of a leak in the inlet manifold, which is now fixed, and earlier this week I raised the rear of the car an inch, as it occasionally bottomed out on the curvey B grade roads. Took it over some bumpy roads, no dramas at all now!

I've been still playing around with the wolf 3d, and using some of the functions on that, such as fuel cut out on over run etc.

As I have the cigarette lighter working now, I'll plug in the exhaust analyiser thingy up the exhaust pipe that my mate has, to really give it a better tune too. Gives the composition of what comes out of the exhaust.

This may interest some people.

Weighed my car a few days ago. With the tank almost on empty (3 odd litres of few), WITHOUT DRIVER this was the findings. Note though, the increments on the scales go up in 20kg.

With the FRONT END on the scales: 520 kg.

With the REAR END on the scales: 420 -440 kg. Scales wavered between these two figures.

With the whole car on it, it showed 940-960kg. Scales wavered between these two figures.

A bit heavier than I expected, but I haven't stripped my shell, although there is no carpet in it. At least the sums add up.

Particulars of my car, weight wise.

3sge motor rather far back in engine bay (back of head is 2.5cm further back than standard firewall, block on line of standard firewall.

rollcage 40-50kg?

light battery in the book 7kg.

Tseries diff with lsd

So I guess with around 1/2 a tank, I would be looking at

520kg on the front

450kg at the rear

970kg total.

That makes the front end 53.5%

rear end 46.5%

Edited by robj