7shades On Tour

hey peeps

Just thought I'd throw a few pics up of my trip thus far....

Due to an airline f@$kup I didn't get to spend as much time as planned in Japan, so the Chaser hunt is postponed til I come back in a few months. But, I did get around a bit and snap a few cool shots.

Tokyo madness... For those that have never been, these few shots serve to illustrate the enormity and sheer scope of this amazing city... its truly mind boggling that it functions at all, 12 million people in central tokyo and 32 million in the greater tokyo district and somehow they all manage to get to work on time, eat, sleep, and get very very drunk on the weekends. Its incredible. I love it.

IMGP0905.jpg

P3040009.jpg

P3040010.jpg

IMGP0906.jpg

IMGP0879.jpg

IMGP0867.jpg

P3040008.jpg

IMGP0937.jpg

And in case you were wondering.... it has astonishingly good aim.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now I'm in the USA.... got in early this morning US time after an overnight flight.

I arranged a rental car while I was still in Japan... I went with hertz cos they have rollas :P

But, in yet another f@$kup, there were no rollas left, and i needed a one way rental from LAX to Vegas, with Satnav.

Thats what I reserved, thats what I paid for, and I wasn't going to accept anything less.

So, the only option they had was a free uprgrade, which is cool with me.... unfortunately, this was the only vehicle available which met the criteria.

P3060013.jpg

Isn't that a bugger.

IMGP0940.jpg

P3060019.jpg

You will notice I slapped an aussie flag on the rear window..... OI! OI! OI!..... I dunno what it is about going overseas that turns me into an absolute goddamn bogan.... but I'll run with it for now :hmm:

P3060033.jpg

Its cool.. but also a monumentous bucket of crap. I can't believe aussies pay 100k to own one of these things... they really are terrible. At least Americans have an excuse... all their cars are shit.

Anyway... straight off an overnight flight into LA freeway traffic. Thats an experience. I highly recommend it to the mentally unstable and suicidal.

P3060018.jpg

IMGP0953.jpg

IMGP0942.jpg

And then out into the desert to vegas. Bat country.

IMGP0972.jpg

P3060021.jpg

Vegas for another couple of days.... then off to Cancun. Now THAT should make for some interesting photos.... Stay tuned.

Probably because everyone is depressed.... I guess it would be hard to feel like you were anything other than just another human in a sea of conformity. There's so much social pressure to do everything a certain way, dress in the corporate image, aspire to the same goals etc... It would seem a bit futile if you thought about it too much.

And the mitsu 380 you call a galant, amongst others.

what the hell do we build that looks like a Hummer? Au takes more influence from europe... the commodore/falcon/aurion/380 look nothing like the styleless dreck I see out the window right now... Have you LOOKED at a cadillac CTS lately?

lay off the pipe boy

Edited by 7shades

oh lets see......we were building hemi Roadrunners and sideoiler 427s back when you guys were building little ol' 4 and six bangers..... :P

But seriously; I wasn't being serious, I don't care who did what. The H2s absolutley suck, go to www.fuh2.com for a laugh

but you'd better come see me!

Lets see, that 2 door Pontiac GTO you got over there, I believe that was built here :P

its all General Motors rubbish. it was probably a lot CHEAPER to have it designed and manufactured here in Aus, considering most American car manufacturers are losing market share to the imported cars like Honda, Toyota, Mercedes and BMW. They would definately looking to save money.

Same reason here, its cheaper for General Motors Holden to import and rebadge Korean cars than it is to design their own.

Same reason Ford (who bought volvo) uses volvo motors in cars like the new Mondeo and XR5 focus. $$$$$$$$$$$$$aving $$.

Yeah there's like 3 H2's in the street where I'm staying.... its an utterly horrendous vehicle... really badly constructed and poor quality materials and finish.... even the whole flip-front bonnet is made of plastic. Not fibreglass.... plastic.