My Upgrade

Mickoolz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love it man! makes me wish i had somewhere to spray 2pak because that sure is shiney!!!!! is that straight off the gun? how much longer now? (till shes finished)

Thanks dude, I got out of it easy coz an old friend from school was doin cashies in his garage. Although this girls been off the road for like 6 yrs running and i've only just got her to the way i've always wanted! Yeah I know i'm a bit lazy, haha.

the paint looks awesome. the wheels really kill the look for me though.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose. I was gonna put a set of simmons b45s on but I like the bling factor with these 17's. lol.

I'm pretty happy with the paintjob too! :cool:

the wheels are major gay. but thats ok since your from sydney, and wheel sizes begin at 17" for you chaps :cool: with width stopping at 6.5"

seriously though, no larger than a 15 on a k-series. the car will handel better (less rotating mass, less unsprung mass.) You also have to have the car jacked up so high so that the wheels will fit under the guards. Get some dish, it's an old school car so use old skool rims.

this is my TA22

untitledxl4.jpg

You be the judge

jordan

Well like I said before "each to their own", thanks aecorolla. Anywayz I'm not about to go hooning around the streets like i'm on a freakin' race track or something I wanna keep my licence and my car in one peice so what do I car what it handles like It's my ride and it's how I like it. Personally I don't like the old school look, I like new things new look new music If I was to guess you'd probably drive around your old school car listening to old school gay music like Metallica or something like that. but I'm not about to jump on someone's thread and slag em about their ride or where they're from, seriosly dude not cool! So anywayz "each to their own"!

the wheels are major gay. but thats ok since your from sydney, and wheel sizes begin at 17" for you chaps :D with width stopping at 6.5"

seriously though, no larger than a 15 on a k-series. the car will handel better (less rotating mass, less unsprung mass.) You also have to have the car jacked up so high so that the wheels will fit under the guards. Get some dish, it's an old school car so use old skool rims.

this is my TA22

You be the judge

jordan

Edited by Mickoolz

Well like I said before "each to their own", thanks aecorolla. Anywayz I'm not about to go hooning around the streets like i'm on a freakin' race track or something I wanna keep my licence and my car in one peice so what do I car what it handles like It's my ride and it's how I like it. Personally I don't like the old school look, I like new things new look new music If I was to guess you'd probably drive around your old school car listening to old school gay music like Metallica or something like that. but I'm not about to jump on someone's thread and slag em about their ride or where they're from, seriosly dude not cool! So anywayz "each to their own"!

Other people's opinions don't matter as long as your happy with it mate.

could not of said it better my self, another old saying is if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

its his car, and its the way he likes it! its not my style either, but as a hole this car is mighty clean, and defiantly one of the nicest on rollaclub!

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update, I took her to get Engineered last Thursday and all went well, drove out there no problems! It was a smooth ride, very pleased. So he inspected the car and was impressed with it all so he sent me for an Emissions test on monday and it failed, The mechanic said the reading needs to be on 2% and it was on 8% so he needs to do a diagnostics test on her to see why she's running rich! I got a call from him today and he said that the fuel return line is too small and that it needs to be 5/16" instead of 1/4" which i'm hoping will bring it down a bit but I don't like the chances! I know when i got the motor off thriller there where a few vaccum hoses plugged up so I think there's gotta be more to do anyways. See how it goes, wish me luck!

That's a nice clean rolla you have there mate. Love the colour (its the same as my ke20). How did you go today?

Thanks mate, yeah it's that blood orange from Ford. Haven't rang the mechanic today I'll stop in there tommorrow to see how its all going. I hope to have it on the road in the next week or two! Fingers crossed. Got any pics of ya ke20?

Good luck with it mate. Yes there is some pics of my project in the Ke20 members section and "My Ke20 4age project" thread. Have you got new or reconditioned chrome work for it? Hope to hear good news soon mate!

Sweet as mate. I got her back today and it seems to have fixed the problem, looks like the return line was way too small and because of that the fuel was mixing with the oil. She runs heaps better now. Now its off to the auto electrician to sort out my ghost in the wiring, lol. Can't seem to get my dash lights and tail lights to work. I've tried everything, checked the fuse, checked the earths, check the resistance in the wires????? Can't figure it out so it's off to the pro's.

The only new chrome work on her is the strip around the windscreen rubbers, is that what you mean? All the rest is factory