Kill Switch

DR1FT

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Check what current these switches will carry, you might need to use it to work a relay that carries the main current.

You move the blank switch close to the one with wires and it suddenly carries current.

http://www.jaycar.co...w.asp?ID=LA5074

you can set something up to a latching relay as well, inline with the ignition.

That way you just have to touch it with the magnet and it stays on untill you turn off the ignition.

Hmmmmmm I like this idea muchly. Could hide the mag switch anywhere behind a plastic panel and just swipe it with the magnet that you keep on your key fob. Kinda like a poor man's transponder.

Or maybe some sort of mechanical device with like a piece of metal that you stick in it, and when you turn it the car starts. But like only your piece of metal works it.

I know it sounds weird but I think I'm onto something here.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple on/off switch that cuts power to your ignition or fuel pump depending on how you want to go about it..

Hey, is it ok to set up the kill switch directly to the battery terminals - does anyone have a simple diagram that shows hwo to do it?

My kill switch has the wires already running to it and it's off a European car freshly imported into the country.

Also would that suffice for something like club rallying?

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Hey, is it ok to set up the kill switch directly to the battery terminals - does anyone have a simple diagram that shows hwo to do it?

My kill switch has the wires already running to it and it's off a European car freshly imported into the country.

Also would that suffice for something like club rallying?

If your doing a simple battery kill switch do it off the negative terminal as it is safer and easier as you dnt have to deal with any extra wires/fuses that may be in the postive terminal. A rally spec kill switch will however have to kill the postive terminal and will have to use a FIA 6 pole switch where you can run a circuit such as ignition or alternator control wire through so as the engine will stop when the switch is turned off.