• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHO IS PUMPED UP TO GO!!!

... I know I am :dance:

I made an anti-locking mechanism for my handbrake lever today:

PICT0148-vi.jpg

Basically I drilled a hole in the handbrake lever and stuck a bolt through it to stop the catchy-things (which shall now be called "thingies") from well, catching :S

I at first tried to drill right through the handbrake lever and thingies, but for some reason my drill won't go through the thingies so I gave up. Cordless drills are useless when they have no batteries...

Also took my rear brakes apart today, cleaned it all up... Will it work tomorrow? Who knows, I sure hope so... My handbrake cable is now too short, I can barely even get the single nut to fit...

I can't wait, IT'S GOING TO BE A BLAST!!!

The fun starts at 9:30 tomorrow morning for practice (read: squealies and skids - yeee har!!) and the "serious" competition starts at 11 am.

Redwarf and I are REALLY pumped!! Would be good to have some rollaclub spectators! Hope to see yas there!

Well, its now a few hours after the event - and Ive still got a smile from 1 ear to the other.

I will bore you all to tears with my day :) !

First, i got up at... .. - ok ill skip the boring crap.

I scabbed a ride in poo today - drive there was good - lots of bogans out and about, and heaps of sick sil80's.

Arriving at the broadwater car park as to schedule, it soon became obvious this day was gona be swoit - i mean the weather was just *smick*, the cars were of the best selection (lol - seriously), and the people there... :o ! I'm starting to get to know all the cool people !

Anyway!

the practice at the start was good - on one hand you have Mr mumblez driving like his car was stolen (i think its called a standard thrash?) - then you have people like fook who put it into first, then apply the accelerator (and clutch approraitly)... *tum de dum*... *ah theres the smoke*....*oh the wind just blew the smoke smell my way*... *oh look! theres that vital figure they call GRIP! - RRRROOOM!!!!* (meanwhile the people behind the car would of seen a rather spectacular sight)

In between theres the special cars (i like!), the bogans out side the car park doing skids, and my favorite - the red thing they call "RED DWARF" !!! (and the other people's cars!... we need pictures haky!)

So, the competition started with a bang! (not really :P) !

After having a look at the track layout diagrams, (FOOKS BOOK! - lol oh the 5 minutes discussing that was hilarious) it makes you wonder how people can remember these things...but anyway most people did with flying colours. When people did forget the path - its just really funny.

EG !

Cars hit flags, tires looze more tread, pulsar hits pole, Datsun hits same pole, V8 VL makes more smoke than...(can't think of example) - just F**ing lots of smoke, Cars Stall & do 3 wheelers & best of all - the thing they say is good for wheel alignments - hitting or going over the curb ! (Note the distinct moment... a mild blend of red lights, tire smoke & new English words :S )

But besides from the mistakes, wow there was some reallllllllllllllllllllly good driving happening out there today...some new faces, some old faces.

Mr Dixon - well, words cannot describe the *omg factor* you generated today. Not to mention the amount of cheers and claps you got from the entire crowd, but you also showed most of us how to do it, but most importantly - how to do it with style, precision and *wait for it* -.... How to do the fun way! dam i can't wait to see u in this blue corolla !

Dat Girl ! - lol u go girl ! - when the handbrake just doesn't work - do what you did best - give it Rpm, rip that wheel and *whoops* did i just drop that clutcHHHH!!!!!! _ - RRROOOMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe ! - *Does the Mr burns *twiddle the fingers** - jebus i can't wait until u get that Datsun up and running again!

Paul - lol - u know what i think of ure skill :) :y: - you "are" the next initial D dude... put it this way - adleast this time you came out with 2nd gear sincro !

Fook - man i love the sound of ure car... and good ness me you need a LSD or locker ! - otherwise, you move that car like its only 100 kg !

ah i think thats enough for today!

*puts on school teacher look*

i expect more people to come to the next time and adleast watch and support !- dam I'm glad i got off my lazy ass today and came along, I'll be kicking my self if i don't go to the next one :)

Just 1 more thing before i bugga off for some *sleep* - some amusing lines from Mr dixon...

*That was just god dam average*

*oh hell that was good, hell yes, i wanta do that again*

*the things you see when you don't have a rifle*

*the reverse on a corolla is an optional extra, or you just have to find it in the box somewhere*

*that back tire is just rooted*

& the most important thing - i learnt how the pros get good skid marks ! lol :dance:

Cyas all around, and damnit when is the next motorkhana !

Edited by Teddy

Heh, yes I definately need a locker or an LSD or something. I think I probably spent a very good part of today just sitting around doing absolutely nothing except creating tyre smoke. Off the start line I spend half a minute just spooling up my right wheel, then I get to the first corner, if I'm lucky I get the handbrake to work, and then I just sit there doing nothing again waiting to get some sort of traction...

And then I watch Paul go out with his open diff and pull big skids, am I doing something drastically wrong???

Ah well...

Rob - as always, a pleasure to watch :dance:

*edit* Overall, no I don't think I'm really happy with today. The handbrake sort works now (YAY), but the tests were on overall rather crappy, and made worse because they were shrunk. The few good tests they had were completely destroyed by making them so narrow... The venue was too small, with curbs on either side and a rather big ditch in the middle... Lifted wheels, hit the curb, did all sorts of bad things today...

Edited by demuire