Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So was one of the reasons why you wanted a Bigport 4AGZE was so you could run all of the JDM RWD gear? including the intake manfold and the cooling system? I just realised how annoying the knock sensor is on the small port, no more JDM pipes for me. I'm going to run a RWD 4AC pipe flipped around and that will clear.

So was one of the reasons why you wanted a Bigport 4AGZE was so you could run all of the JDM RWD gear? including the intake manfold and the cooling system? I just realised how annoying the knock sensor is on the small port, no more JDM pipes for me. I'm going to run a RWD 4AC pipe flipped around and that will clear.

The main reason is head flow and the compression ratio of 8.0:1 but its good been able to fit a rwd manifold straight on, The bigport gze's have a knock sensor too, Whats the 4ac flip around mod you are doing?

The main reason is head flow and the compression ratio of 8.0:1 but its good been able to fit a rwd manifold straight on, The bigport gze's have a knock sensor too, Whats the 4ac flip around mod you are doing?

Ah is that so, well that idea goes out the window then. As we acertained before, a RWD 4AC rear water pump housing was exaclty the same as the RWD 4AGE one, hence they have the same hole for the return from the heater box. Point being is that the pipe on a 4AC bolts up perfectly fine to any 4AGE without a knock sensor it just doesn't have the piping for the throttle body. What you can do though is to twist that pipe 180 degrees and it'll once again bolt up to the rear water housing but this time it'll be down and out away from the knock sensor. Make any sense? I'm going to put pic's up soon of my small port RWD water system but it'll probably be another few days until then.

Ah is that so, well that idea goes out the window then. As we acertained before, a RWD 4AC rear water pump housing was exaclty the same as the RWD 4AGE one, hence they have the same hole for the return from the heater box. Point being is that the pipe on a 4AC bolts up perfectly fine to any 4AGE without a knock sensor it just doesn't have the piping for the throttle body. What you can do though is to twist that pipe 180 degrees and it'll once again bolt up to the rear water housing but this time it'll be down and out away from the knock sensor. Make any sense? I'm going to put pic's up soon of my small port RWD water system but it'll probably be another few days until then.

Yes the rear housings are the same, Its just the pumps that are different, The 4age pump has more of a cut out to clear th timing covers and belt, It does make sense but how are you going to run your alternator?

Yes the rear housings are the same, Its just the pumps that are different, The 4age pump has more of a cut out to clear th timing covers and belt, It does make sense but how are you going to run your alternator?

In the time past after my thread about being able to use the FWD alt bracket (which you can't) I aquired a RWD bracket and strap :POSTPICS!:. So the final system will be all RWD 4AGE parts (alt bracket, pump, housing, pulley etc) except it'll have a AE82 4AGE rear outlet and a RWD 4AC heater return.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...