Ke30 2door Sedan Latest Pics - Interior Work

brodie

Members dont see this ad

yeah does thanks heaps, ahaha and anyways wen i was looking on the jaycar website i found some cool other things i wouldn't mind (ignition cut rev limiter for $60 :)) haha ooh and whats the rrp on that tacho and speedo? i can't find them on the internet?

Not sure of RRp on speedo and tacho... the tacho was around $100 I think but I recall the speedo being significantly more expensive, a figure of around $300 rings a bell but don't quote me on it.

Can't find the part number for mine, but try vdo 165-002 - think this is the same thing but with a 200km/h max reading, mine reads to 300. If the part number doesn't help and you're keen you can download the whole VDO product catalog on the net (please don't ask me where, i don't remember) - all these gauges are "cockpit vision" series.

Hope this helps

Brodie

• 2 years later...

... And while I'm here, here's some of the keyless ignition I've been working on - have used an RFID security system with a BMW start/stop button and designed my own circuit around it: press once to turn accessories on, press again to turn ignition on. If you have the clutch in at the time it will automatically crank 'till it fires and run (single press, no need to hold). No clutch= no crank. Press a 3rd time to stop engine. Accessories turns off when u lock car. Has been in for about 6 months now and works sweet - just like all the OEM equipment in the new cars. Sorry pictures are average but my camera has trouble focussing on it. Also since I had done the 7ke conversion I got sick of stinky exhaust, so, although u will all laugh at me :blush: I removed my old large resonator and added a walker metal cat-converter (new) and smaller resonator (from current monaro)..

post-1803-1258357735_thumb.jpg

post-1803-1258357786_thumb.jpg

post-1803-1258357810_thumb.jpg

Hey Brodie. Good to see you back here.

Got any schematics or plans for that push button starter you have? Been looking for the RFID switches since i came around to no avail.

As for an RFID switch I tried a coulpe of units until I ended up using a cyclops alarm which includes RFID, model P785 if anyone is interested ( and no, it's not the sole security device on the car). I do have schematics, it's crude using a few relays, but you will need some sort of device to produce an output based on RPM so it knows when to stop cranking. I have used a spare output from my engine ecu, think its set to about 700 rpm (It cranks at about 400 rpm so when it reaches 700, it's definitely fired) - but I have seen standalone devices to do this. Gaugeworks had something in their cabinet last time I was there. There is a company in the USA that makes an all-in-one solution, but be prepared to lighten your wallet. The problem with an active rfid device is that it's hard to distinguish between being IN the car or NEAR the car, the first unit I tried would allow you to start the car in my driveway when my keys were on a shelf in the house (bad!), and passive RFID devices have bugger-all range. The unit I eventually selected is low-power and active, you need to put the keys in a given tray in the car, or have unlocked it in the last 39 seconds. Works ok. I can supply a rough schematic if anyone wants. Be warned though, active rfid devices can potentially be scanned and duplicated, if a cunning thief is within range.

i wish i had an electrical mind like yours.

i get the odd spark up there every know and then but your knowledge of and skill with electronics is awesome!!!!

top work.

most people like old rollas for there simpleton ways, this rolla is a complete differnet level.

easily compared to the new mondeo's i have to put up witha at work :blush:

cheers, scott