Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Moddifying A Ke30 Cross Member To Fit 7k, Place Your Thoughts Here.

Featured Replies

I found this link http://www.kp61.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3206

Its is a KP starlet with a 7K motor installation guide.

 

On page two http://www.kp61.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3206&page=2

He has cut a portion out of the cross member instead of modding the sump.

 

I was wondering if this is a good idea or not?

 

Any thoughts will be welcome.

well I'm sure its easier to find another 30 crossmember to work on than a 7k sump

modding the cross member will weaken the cross member and i'm pretty sure it isn't legal.

depends how good ya mod the crossmember :jamie:

  • Author
modding the cross member will weaken the cross member and i'm pretty sure it isn't legal.

 

 

Yes that is true but if you look at the pics on page 2, you will notice that the cross member has be strengthened again.

I would use something like 5mm sheet and do the same but note that I have seam welded my cross member in all areas, including adding extra washes to the lower control arm mounts to strengthen the hole from ever ovaling out again.

 

I will have to get some pics of my cross member to show you what I mean.

yeah do that, i'm keen to know what you meen. i guess whatever suits you better though, as long as you can get it passed!

There is a tonne of room underneath the crankshaft and rods i really don't know why toyota made the sump that deep in that area,cutting the sump is a far easier option than modifying a crossmember.

get the sump modfied for sure, I wouldnt be cutting anyhting out of a cross member...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.