Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Wagon - 4g54 Efi Turbo Conversion

Featured Replies

Well, looks like I'm in a position where I can let another car fall on the wayside.

The danger wagon is hitting the track. :jamie:

 

My engine of choice? Most likely a 4G54. 2.6 Astron, from a Mitsubishi Sigma that I'm getting off a mate. 5 speed box to go with it.

 

I've seen 300rwkw plus being pushed out of these motors, so I figure I can build a reliable 200rwkw engine.

 

Planning to run a GT20 with around 0.70A/R.

 

I'll keep this thread open to give everyone a run down as I go through it all.

Edited by deathsminion

  • Replies 39
  • Views 37.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your going to be using it for circuit racing?

Dude, the turbo of choice is WAY TO SMALL for a 2.6 litre, maybe ok if you use two of them but it would be better if you chose something like a Disco Potato GT28RS or bump it up to a GT35 or similar. We use to run 1983 Nissan Exa Tubo used a T2 as standard, we changed it to a T25, at 12 PSI we got a 100 kw @ the wheels and thats from a 1.5 litre 8 valve OHC motor.

  • Author

It's not way too small. I do have a T3/4 hybrid here as well, but it'll be slightly too big for it. Boost delivery would be crappy on anything below a 3 litre. I can get my hands on a potato pretty cheap, so I might look into that.

 

As for the kind of track work, at this stage I'm not too sure, but probably circuit, and the occasional Wednesday night "Tokyo Drift" wannabe session.

ok because if your going to race circuit you have to be mindful of the class that that conversion will put you into, as forced induction automatically puts you into the next class, hm actually i don't think you can race with a different manufactureres engine

  • Author

Damn. Drift it is then. Meh, I just want to do it to see if I can, and not have to worry about engineering.

Have a couple of spare bottom ends handy :jamie:

 

Actually now that I think about it I seem to remember one of the dudes on KE70.com has a 4Gsomething in a TE7*... you may wanna hit him up for some tips

Edited by 7shades

Try this link

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...bochargers.html

 

I couldn't find any GT20 with a A/R of 0.70, Not even a GT42 has that A/R. Where did you get your information from?

 

From what I could find the only turbos with that A/R start at the GT45.

According to Garret the GT45 is suitable for 700 - 1000hp and is recommended for 2.0 to 8.0 litre engines

Edited by doityourself

I know a bloke doing a 2.6 Astron turbo in a ke25, almost finished too.

I'm not a 100% sure about this but if you want to race on the track i think you would have to have it engineered to be able to pass scruterneering(spelling) correct me if I'm wrong guys

  • Author

For unregistered track use, I don't believe it would be necessary. At this stage, I'm only interested in doing the occasional Wednesday night drift at Calder, and it won't be an issue there.

If the two gemini's with supercharged V6's, and welded diffs were allowed in, I figure something as tame as this won't be a problem.

 

@ ROL-110: Could I get MSN details for him?

Edited by deathsminion

@ ROL-110: Could I get MSN details for him?

 

hes not on the net. I have a pic or two somehwere if you wanna see how it fits

in the ke25 bay.

 

pm me you email address and ill send them over

 

Scott.

here you go.

 

this is just the initial dummy fit. I think he's actually

got it on the road now...

 

sigt252.jpg

 

sigt253.jpg

 

is it a 2.6??

 

cheers,

 

Scott.

  • 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.