May 1, 200719 yr comment_175118 Thought it was about time I put up a project thread. Since selling my ke11 I've felt the need to get some work done on my ke10 project. But seeing as I live 70kms from it and never get time to do anything on it i figured Id show you all where I'm up too... I Found this on the side of the road on the way home one night, it was getting ready to be loaded and taken to the crusher. So when the truck came to pick it up, i got it directed to my house instead. For a small fee. heres the specs: 1969 ke10-b white 4k with original 4 speed 95% complete. Rusty, but most contained to permanent panels. Unmodified And here's how it looked the day i got it: Rusty? these are the worst areas So, i started to strip it. Always good fun. Cut out the rusty spots, making sure I got it all Thanks to my 1967 ke10 donor car I had a panel just the right shape Welded it in Good thing I had a fire extinguiser handy, this is the roof lining on the other side of the C pillar I was welding... Scott. Report
May 1, 200719 yr Author comment_175119 Since these pics I've lowered it ALOT all round, done a ke20 disc brake conversion and purchased myself a 5k or two... So, I need you all to motivate me to get back into it!! Edited May 1, 200719 yr by ROL-110 Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175122 Since these pics I've lowered it ALOT all round, done a ke20 disc brake conversionand purchased myself a 5k or two... So, I need you all to motivate me to get back into it!! Looking good man , so i guess your happy i never got that interior off you at the end ey!!!! Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175130 Ah, I saw this when I picked up that dodgy 4K off ya lol. Maybe you should move back home so you can work on it :jamie: Edited May 1, 200719 yr by Raven Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175133 Hope this turns out as good as your KE11, my mate just bought a KE10. I'm starting to like the KE1X more than my KE25. :jamie: Report
May 1, 200719 yr Author comment_175146 Looking good man , so i guess your happy i never got that interior off you at the end ey!!!! I've stopped selling ke1x parts as i never know when ill need them... don't we hate rust evil shit Yeah, rust is a biatch. Ah, I saw this when I picked up that dodgy 4K off ya lol. Maybe you should move back home so you can work on it :fuzz: Did you?? No way!! i don't think i could have had it that long... have I?? damn... I don't think my other half would be too happy about m moving back home :jamie: I just need to move somewhere with a big shed i can chuck my projects in. Hope this turns out as good as your KE11, my mate just bought a KE10. I'm starting to like the KE1X more than my KE25. :y: The only thing wrong with a ke25 is it isnt a ke10. But a very nice ride none the less... cheers Scott. Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175153 looks like you have it all under control, i know of a ke10 not far away which need the same treatment from me, that reminds me i must go see that dude! Report
May 1, 200719 yr Author comment_175167 off you go then, you'll never forgive yourself if it gets scrapped. Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175170 Best of luck with it. :jamie: Not worrying about the rear pillar vents? They look better without them anyway. Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175171 Best of luck with it. :y: Not worrying about the rear pillar vents? They look better without them anyway. But it orginally had them? And it is used for the flow so the rear window doesnt fog up hardcore? :jamie: Someone, Please, think of the vents! Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175175 And it is used for the flow so the rear window doesnt fog up hardcore? Possibly... What did they do in the earlier ke10's? I've got 2 earlier ke10's myself (not here though), but never really had a good look. Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175182 Possibly... What did they do in the earlier ke10's? I've got 2 earlier ke10's myself (not here though), but never really had a good look. Dunno but mine doesn't have any vents?????? Report
May 1, 200719 yr comment_175193 Possibly... What did they do in the earlier ke10's? I've got 2 earlier ke10's myself (not here though), but never really had a good look. :hmm: I dunno, but its clear that the vents go onto the back window Its either that, or to create some rear end downforce :jamie: :y: :fuzz: :lolcry: :cool: Report
May 1, 200719 yr Author comment_175207 The vents are definately there to attempt to defog the rear window. I had a good look in there when I had the hole cut out... As doug sais, there's none on the early models (as thats where i got the metal from) and i think it looks better without them, cleaner. My ke11 rear window was always fogged up anyway, even with the vents. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now