JiP

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well with the demise and sale of Lolla we should see progress on SL2 as she will be the only remaining rolla after the sales. She stands to inherit most bits that Lolla has, she has already gotten the LED's, she will get the boot set up, the mirrors, the steering wheel and what ever I can think of in the coming days before Lolla goes on to her new owner, then on for scrap :y:

I'm trading her into a car yard. I'm over sinking money into her. Costs too much to run. I want a newish car for a daily. I'm taking whats good out of her to stick in my only remaining car or sell. There is so much I can't take and its such a pitty she'll get crushed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks guys for all your comments.

Today i visited the Land Of Corolla's.

post-1158-1179211925_thumb.jpg

I picked up a new front seat. Now all thats left is re-trimming. Anyone with ideas?? All black or that Cream with alittle black, like head rests??

post-1158-1179211943_thumb.jpg

HOLY TOYOTAS!!!! Dude, dude, dude I need to know where is this place!!!! You have found Toyota HEAVEN!! I need to know man!!! I WANT TO GO TO TOYOTA HEAVEN TOO!!!! DUDE YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Let me tell you, you have the collection of ROLLAs of my DREAMS and my wife's NIGHMARES!!! Keep up the good work brother but please don't forget to let me know the place or at least the HEAVENs yard web site or e-mail..! PM me!!!! :lolcry: :) :y:

• 2 weeks later...

lOl thanks dude. Well can't say I miss Lolla but in some way will miss her. Thankfully I was able to salvage parts that I spent thousands of dollars on and they will go into the hardtop. I hope to do the hardtop properly so don't expect it up too soon. The parts should include the suspension, alarm, central locking, sound system and exhaust.

As for parts from Lolla hit up Curly as he is the one wrecking her. She doesn't have much time so get in soon.

thanks,

J

Jose, your PM box is disabled. Hope you see this...

To answer your questions...

That wrecker is Located on Beams Rd at Castledine in Brisbane, Australia. Sadly its pretty hollowed out these days thanks to me. If you need anything le me know I'll selling all my parts. (I've junked alot already)

Answer to your second question. Visit www.dashboardrestorations.com.au

I swear by their work, I never had any issues with my dash.

thanks,

J.

Twas never my intention to make this a major project but it seems like its panning out that way.

After the cruise today I was really in the mood for my rolla. Knowing I can't do much at this stage I knew that I could get started on painting the little bits with what I do have here now.

I know hardly an update but its a start. I primed the update KE55 swaybar. Was trying to decide on the colour to do it. I was thinking red?

post-1158-1252152448_thumb.jpg

Also primed and painted the battery tray black.

post-1158-1252152750_thumb.jpg

I was going to do the leafs but didn't due to lack of daylight. I also hope to pull apart Lolla's old struts and freshen them up, the stone tray and the aircon mount.

Next week I hope to buy a pressure cleaner so I can give the under carriage a good clean so I can paint it black. Then I hope to give the engine bay a clean too to prep it for painting.

I also hope to paint the diff but before I do that I might end up draining the oil and replacing the diff seal.

Also on the list for painting the the exhaust from Lolla. I hope to freshen it up in silver.

I'm having so many ideas at the moment about this car. I really don't think it should be too hard from here as most of its already been done before to Lolla.

Edited by JiP

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i've begun work on my hardtop and I'm getting really motivated right now. Clearing out the garage and I've realised just how much I already have as I've been collecting for so long.

Stone tray.

Before

post-1158-1253005498_thumb.jpg

After

post-1158-1253005558_thumb.jpg

Reset leaf springs from Lolla

Before

post-1158-1253005579_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1253005606_thumb.jpg

After

post-1158-1253005652_thumb.jpg

Sports Exhaust/extractors from Lolla

Before

post-1158-1253005712_thumb.jpg

After

post-1158-1253005743_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1253005775_thumb.jpg

Front Swaybar

After (Still needs a couple coats)

post-1158-1253005807_thumb.jpg

I hope tomorrow to lift SL2's ass up into the air and gernie up her skirt so I can begin painting it black.

I'm so excited it starting to come together :lolcry: