Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5kc Points Distributor

Featured Replies

I'm after some basic parts for the distributor in my 5K, like points, cap, and condensor etc.

The distributor is a points one. I've shone a torch down the spark plug holes, and it looks as though the pistons are flat top.

 

I'm not sure if someone before has replace the electronic distributor, or the points distributor was there originally.

Anyway, I've looked at the parts catelog and at bursons for a set of points and a condensor for liteace km36, 5k. But the parts in my distributor are slightly different, in that the condensor is bigger, and has a different fixture to the side of the distributor, and the points has one screw to hold it into place.

I looked under corolla 4K, but they were the same as under liteace km36.

 

Does anyone else know what to look under?

 

post-926-1178614436_thumb.jpg

hey there, you have the late ke30 dizzy, 77 & 78 models, points you need, bosch GB534, just cross reference in the book for the condensor, hope that helps you? correct me people if I'm wrong!! :y:

  • Author

The guy at bursons found one on the shelf (bosch GB534) and that fits. Thanks

I'll cross reference the other parts.

So its actually a 3K dizzy? I forgot to check the 3K parts list, I though they were the same as 4K.

Hey Leon,

 

By lookiung at that pic, you can just see one of the loobs that hang off the bottom of number 1 and 4 spark plug holes. This indicates that your 5k is actually a dished piston motor.

 

See how you go with the parts for that dizzy, if you don't have much luck then let me know and I could provide you with on e of the more common 4k dizzies. I'm actually coming to Hobart on Friday and could fit and time it if you wanted!?

  • Author

I got the parts; it was under ke30 1976-1977, 3k motor. At bursons a condensor was $33, but at super cheap its around $9. Big difference, same brand and all.

It runs a bit fresher now.

 

I thought the pistons were flat top, because I looked when the top of the piston when it reached TDC, with a torch down the spark plug hole, so I can mark TDC on the crank shaft pully. Perhaps it is dish top. The lifters are hydraulic, tappets aren't ajustable.

Been a bit confusing, the distributor must have been changed. I got the motor from the wreckers for $150, so I don't really know much of the history, but it runs alright.

good to hear you got it all sorted! :y: At least now you know what too look for next time.

has anyone heard of a 4k-j dissy?? took it out of a 3k i ahve, thought it was a stock 3k one, looks the same as 3k, is it spose to ahve 4k-j on the side?

 

sorry to do this in your thread leon, just seemed the right place

I have a 4k-j dizzy in the shed, got it from a guy when i was looking for a new dizzy.

 

Got no idea where it came from or anything about it really.

 

It does have a little blue sticker on it the says 4k-j.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.