Rb20 In A Ke70: You Guys Recon Its Possible?

ke70_sa

more than anything, the main features of a new motor i want is EFI and turbo. problem with the RB30 would only be i would need to get a VLT to get the turbo motor or do a turbo conversion myself, which would be good for a project, but in the end, this is essentially going to be a daily. thats why a CA18DET is looking the go from what you guys have said.

but if anybody again has further suggestions that would be good.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong section.

I measured this when i had my skyline, you would have to recess the firewall about a foot, have fun!

i registered just for this WRONG WRONG WRONGG WRONG

unless u know what ur talking about don't offer shit advice ,

first of all it will fit , its not easy , but doable , i suggest if ur looking for a car that will handle don't bother as it wont , it makes them taily and a pig to drive ..

to do it , u will need to cut ur radiator suppot panel out fabricate a custom x member so u can slam the engine low , and modify the swaybar so it misses the sump ..

in my opinion , steer clear from the 6 cyl in the ke corollas , it just makes them shit to drive , my mate built an rb25 sprinter and we helped another mate do a rb20 ke70 ..

neither of which cars handle well ..

if u really want it , ill do the conversion for 7k drive in drive out :dance:

i registered just for this WRONG WRONG WRONGG WRONG

unless u know what ur talking about don't offer shit advice ,

first of all it will fit , its not easy , but doable , i suggest if ur looking for a car that will handle don't bother as it wont , it makes them taily and a pig to drive ..

to do it , u will need to cut ur radiator suppot panel out fabricate a custom x member so u can slam the engine low , and modify the swaybar so it misses the sump ..

in my opinion , steer clear from the 6 cyl in the ke corollas , it just makes them shit to drive , my mate built an rb25 sprinter and we helped another mate do a rb20 ke70 ..

neither of which cars handle well ..

if u really want it , ill do the conversion for 7k drive in drive out :dance:

baha

^^^ whats funny mate , the fact u think I'm lying , or the fact u know that u couldnt perform a conversion ..

i don't usually piss about with ildschool corollas , yes i do hav a ke70 .. but I'm yet to get to it

i do conversions amongst other things for a livin mate most the work i do is with s13s 180sx and silvias mostly

done a few corollas and so on ..

if in doubt jump on ns. com and ask around there .. iv got the same username on all forums ..

^^^ whats funny mate , the fact u think I'm lying , or the fact u know that u couldnt perform a conversion ..

i don't usually piss about with ildschool corollas , yes i do hav a ke70 .. but I'm yet to get to it

i do conversions amongst other things for a livin mate most the work i do is with s13s 180sx and silvias mostly

done a few corollas and so on ..

if in doubt jump on ns. com and ask around there .. iv got the same username on all forums ..

i was merely giggling because it always happens like this. Someone new comes on and bad mouths someone else. Why not just say 'from my experiences...' or 'i do this for a living and it can be done with minor modifications...' and be polite and nice about things.

This forum from what i understand is to help people and inform them. If someone has produced incorrect information it may have been from personal experience or prior reading they have done. If you've got someone to add there isnt reason to dump shit on what someone else has said.

just my 2cents

^^fair call mate but if you read my post u will see that i said its not easy , however can be done

i used to be on here ages ago but i forgot my account so made another ..

but yeah I'm not a fan of people saying any conversion cannot be done

old mate ^^^ was sayin that a foot needs to be cut out of the fire wall ?? id like to know who did his measurements ?

anyway appologies for my rude burst onto the scene , but in all seriousness I'm only here to help ,

and i will be throwing up pics of my ke70 build up when i really start to get serious ..

he probably didnt consider moving the radiator or any such things which make conversions like that possible.

maybe u should drive my 1g ke70, its no fully sick drift king but it hangs onto corners bloody well according to all passengers.

yeah , I'm only talkin of 2 examples i know of , they drift like shit , constantly loop ect .

and yeah as u staded , the radiator has to be almost front mounted for the motor to fit ill see if i can dig up some pictures of the rb25 sprinter ..

I'm sure some of the qldrs here have seen it on the rare occasion .. my mate pieter used to own it then sold it to some guy ..

post-3845-1183099252_thumb.jpg

thats the only pic f the car i could find atm . ill see what bay shots are about

how capable are you working with cars.. can you do most of the fab work yourself??

CA or SR is the way to go.. don't believe the tools that think a ca or sr will throw the balance of the car away, thats a load of *milkshake*.. the srt and ca weigh just a fraction more than a 4age... whats your budget??

he probably didn't consider moving the radiator or any such things which make conversions like that possible.

maybe u should drive my 1g ke70, its no fully sick drift king but it hangs onto corners bloody well according to all passengers.

Yes, Yes it does, For the 10 mins i was in the car it was awesome, Was waiting for under steer but it didn't show its ugly face.

how capable are you working with cars.. can you do most of the fab work yourself??

CA or SR is the way to go.. don't believe the tools that think a ca or sr will throw the balance of the car away, thats a load of *milkshake*.. the srt and ca weigh just a fraction more than a 4age... whats your budget??

are you serious?

you have physically more engine, plus all the turbo shit...? sound like more weight to me. how much is a fraction by your book?