Rb20 In A Ke70: You Guys Recon Its Possible?

ke70_sa

tell me who sells CA's and SR's cheaper than a 4age id be there everyday ;)

i believe paulie said a ge would cost the same if not more than a nissan motor.. which was exactly my point..

some nobs seem to think athat 4age's are the bestest motor ever and charge over a grand for em

truth is they arent worht shit for their age..

lol ge's are dogs man even for such light cars such as corollas... and agreed are grossly overpriced...

Edited by andro0o

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I'm for cross car breeding

as my ke20 has a holden 3.3 turbocharged 6 in it ,

nothing wrong with it , goes like hell with 300 plus hp at the flywheel.

later on in the year I'm hoping to have a not a cross breed but a 2jz into a ke26 wagon , now thats going to be insane!

heres a pic of my ke20 with the 6

rolla20007.jpg

cheers adam

yes i can be quite cheap to chuck in a ca18de or 4age in, but there are so many little things that people (i know from experience) forget about that blow the money thing out of proportion.

my engine gearbox loom and computer only cost me $300, but my fuel system alone cost me around $400, and i get this stuff cheap as i work at autobarn, brakes and frount suspension was over $1000 and thern theres the cross member and engine mounts and then labour and engineering (around $700 here in vic)

but i have spared little expence in the mind of safety and piece of mind

it all boils down to having money and/or havng the experience, without it its only going to end in tears!!!

either way you go, unless you have a xe7x it will need to be custom made!!

Edited by pozman

cheers for the help guys.

i didnt really start the topic to talk about the cross breeding, i was just seeing what people thought of getting an RB in a KE70.

BUT..it was good to hear everybodies thoughts, coz at the moment I've got a weak down-draft weber and exhaust and I'm just sort of sick of having the same old thing.

if people say the RB's too big i would probably agree and say downsize, but from what i know, the potential of a nissan motor, either CA or SR would far outweigh the 4AGE's as yeah, i agree, ive looked around and they are fair expensive for NOT that much of an upgrade.

Paulie...you got anyone you know who might be able to hook us up ;)

from what I've seen of you car its sick

cheers again

^^^^ I would agree with that, the 4ag seems to be an amazing motor, however if 300rwkw is what you are chasing i say start with cubic inches as a 300kw 4a would be a laggy pigdog.

As for the initial expense of the motor, my srde+t cost $800 for motor and box, $800 for gt28rs, $80 for manifold, $100 for lines, and made an unbreakable 230rwhp.

i have a ca in my ke70, goes like a showere of shit... a mate has a sr in his.. goes like a shower of diohrea....

don't listen to the purist fags,, cheap power is the way to go!!

Got a CA18DET in my TA22, stripped out, lights up 4th in a striaght line with 195's stretched onto 8's.

hey if anybody's got a 125hp 4k, that's nuts, I want in.

Back on topic, I'd stay clear of th RB, more moving parts, larger, heavyer..... Look towards a CA18DET, they are getting real cheap and make good power, SR if you can stomach the tractor noise they try to pass off as an exhaust.

Ont the Toyota front, 3SGTE (need RWD conversion, not overly difficult,) 3TGTE or 1G. or even a 4AGZE, look possibly at a 4A-GTE conversion

It's up to you, hell even a 13b conversion or BP18 out of an MX5

Cheers

jordan

lol, you can get 300 rwkw out of a 4age.

and the internals are bulletproof, seriously

and why would you... what a waste is that.... you spend like 10g building a motor ur gonna be leaning on all the time.... its cheaper and easier in the long run to build an sr that can do that without breaking a sweat...

and why would you... what a waste is that.... you spend like 10g building a motor ur gonna be leaning on all the time.... its cheaper and easier in the long run to build an sr that can do that without breaking a sweat...

because it bolts straight in ;)

thats why.

If doing an RB into a KE70 was essential, then why not go for a RB30ET, or the Ultimate in wallet destroyers the RB26DETT.

The only reason I suggest either one is one is the cheapest - RB30ET - Holden would sell parts cheaply, and the RB26DETT for RB domination

Edited by doityourself