Rb20 In A Ke70: You Guys Recon Its Possible?

ke70_sa

hey i looked at a rb in a cilica it fits and thay put the rad in frount of thr rad soport SR20's are shit thay have rockers that like to jump off and it costs Sh*t loads to fix ca and rb are built the same and don't have this problim i am going ca18det in my ke70 i would try and go rb if you could a rb 30 bottom end and a rb 26 head will get you big power if you want that

AJ_ke70 [email protected]

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to clear a few things up , i work specifically with nissans / rbs mostly , and sr and cas when i have to

from what iv seen on this site i doubt very much that most of you would be looking to push the sr20 limits

they are an excelent engine , and puting aside the rocker s .. as thats not the main issue

the unreliability of the sr20 is derrived from poor servicing and the rough oil galleries from factory casting ,, sludge and deposits build up in them , when bad enough resulting in no oil up top and so on spinning bearings ect

however i do prefer how the rb and ca are built , I'm an rb man myself but infortunantly in these cars its not really a functional option .

if i were to go a 6 cyl in my ke it would be a 1jz as thery physically smaller than an rb and don't use some of the extra running shit rbs use , but because of the 2.5ltr capacity i don't think that registration is an option ..

to AE71wagon...i answer your why with coz i want power haha, i mean its never easy doing a motor conversion and i was thinking a 6 cyl would put out more torque than a CA or SR, but i never really have done much research into such things, just that a few mates have got RB20s for sale so i considered the conversion.

i don't have money this year, I'm doing it next year when i have a job haha.

no income = no upgrades

peace

That is what a 265 is, cept its not straight, it sits on a slant like a K motor :)

henceforth they are known as the Slant 6 motor :cool:

i was just checking, I'm rather impressed someone went to the effort to jam one of them in, tough motor though.

a k motor is still a I4 and the 265 is still a I6, even if you turn it upside down...

the unreliability of the sr20 is derrived from poor servicing and the rough oil galleries from factory casting ,, sludge and deposits build up in them , when bad enough resulting in no oil up top and so on spinning bearings ect

i've never heard of this problem in an sr only a ca. however it can be avoided, my brother has had holes drilled in the bottom of the oil galleries in his ca to deal with this problem anyways.

• 4 years later...