Random Photo Thread

just imagine what else you could do with that money, feeding starving children perhaps, but thats another arguement all together.

The mars mission It is quite incredible.

i think what is also interesting to consider. It has taken the brainiest of brainiest howeever long to get a car onto the next planet, yet our little expedition is nothing more than a spec on a spec when you consider the accepted size of the universe. Really puts our position into perspective.

Amazing achievement none the less. not to mention the whole thing has been friggin automated and remote control. I think that is a good part of the amazement. not only did we get the car there, knowone has touched it since it took off.

I wonder what the ping time is to get information from that car. Talk about LAG.

Members dont see this ad

just imagine what else you could do with that money, feeding starving children perhaps, but thats another arguement all together.

It cost 2.5 billion.

The US military spends that in 33 minutes.

The United States spends 7 billion on Potato Chips each year.

From my point of view its a bloody bargain.

hhmmm its got no wheels though, so I don't think it can be a car.

Its a garden ornament.

If it had wheels but no motor, it'd be called a cart with an ox pulling it.

Old school language says its a shell with motor and running gear.

If it had no motor, no transmission, no interior, no running gear, no bolt-on / weld-on panels. Its just a plain ol' shell.

Unless it was a model A etc then it'd be a restorers wet dream.

:)

Yes but think, when we've ʞ©$ɟed the planet up so much that life is barely sustainable here anymore we'd need a new option, if they can do it then well done, humans can live for thousands of years to come.

Until we ʞ©$ɟ yet another planet..

Edited by Jono.C