Random Photo Thread

Not much cheaper...

You'd think it would be, (encouraging people to use more efficient means of transport, lower road congestion etc) but no.

220-ish for a single seater, 400-ish for a two seater.

Blame Newman. He boldly declared he'd 'freeze' rego costs, (and the plebs did rejoice in his benevolence) but only after increasing them for bikes and trailers.

Members dont see this ad

i was once lucky enough to be in a brunch thingo in town here with Peter Rookas and other great local people.

one of the guys from the natural gas group suggested this, and bare in mind, it was a lot more detailed:

to abolish rego as it is, altogether.

increase the fuel prices, and give a percentage to the govt for maintenance of roads, etc.

this way, the more you use a car, the more you pay

look at our club cars that sit in the shed for more than 70% of its life, yet we pay the same as a car thats on the road everyday

we pay for the amount we use, then

oh and a pic

6115_516976581682622_1630148211_n.jpg

can't run away from this cop...

I love seeing all the weird bikes in the parking lot at uni, I often see Z50s, cafe racers, postie bikes with engine swaps etc. I saw this at uni the other day:

Honda Ruckus with some kind of engine swap and a huge driveline upgrade, the wheel on the back is 8" wide!

Edit: I should add that the seat only came up to my knee... it's very low.

brp1_zpsda3d91e4.jpg

brp2_zps108e96e7.jpg

IMG_0674s.jpg

so guys, after seeing the pics upped by Rian, i spent the last few days looking into these, full on.

and mark my words, i will have one

and SOON!!!

:-)

thanks for the headsup mate

Edited by nerfbat

i traced that one Rian piced earlier, and joined his forum purely to msg him.

asked him if he or his mates have one for sale

no shops stock them.

i tried honda headquarters australia, even the city shops...lol

but in the words of Rachel Hunter in the world's best shampoo ad:

"It won't heppen overnight, but it will heppen"

and this is why i was attracted to the Zoomer/Ruckus from the get go

finally found some pics of my old ride.

apologies for quality, i have no scanner so they are old 35mm pics, that i have taken a photo of, from my iphone 5

39266_127937680724137_1082209564_n.jpg

how i got her, took the rear carrier and shopping basket off the front at this stage

you could buy these electric scooters for around $1k from Glenford's Tools in Toowoomba, and my work at the time, let us use their account to buy things, and we could work overtime to knock off the 'hours' to pay for it

i got a mower and this scooter that way

261243_127937690724136_165455436_n.jpg

35002_127937664057472_1522648178_n.jpg

how it ended up.

to mod, it literally cost me some sandpaper, black SCA paint, a hacksaw, and my BMX nazi helmet, lol

578057_127937734057465_2121444636_n.jpg

i used to love it..! would get to work and plug her into the wall for a charge, and be ready to go home at the end of the shift

rode it all over town

til the cops started picking on me, as it wasnt big enough to rego, but they always pulled me over.

in the end i sold it to my mate Andy at his 2nd hand store who then on sold it to Mick Katsidis, the boxer....lol

Edited by nerfbat