4ac Turbo Or 4ac N/a (paradise Racing)

hey fair people of rolla club as my 1uzfe idea has been temporarily moved aside i am considering other avenues... so yeah just cause i like to be different and go anything but GE (even tho they are probably gods gift to man) I'm thinking about a fully rebuilt and worked N/A 4ac or a rebuilt worked turbo 4ac... thoughts and opinions mandatory :)

Members dont see this ad

3sgte ftw... or 3tgte if you wanna go for a slightly cheaper and easier conversion. They're getting a bit old now and harder to find in good nick, but a few years ago I turned a fat ass RA40 into a rally weapon with one so a KE70 would be bucketloads of fun :)

The turbo 4ac has been done, with reasonable results for a drift car. Id really have to agree with the others here. If you want to push more power than a 4age, the next logical step would be a 3sgte. 4acs aren't much of an atmo engine, IMO, as the head is just plain puss. You'll spend just shy of what you would on a turbo 4age setup anyhow getting it to atmo monster status, or to boost it.

post-2885-1183775388_thumb.jpg

I bag 3t's as well... but I think you may be thinking of the pre-83 ones. The 3tgteu Twinspark I put in my RA40 walloped the pants off the 18RGEU that was in there before it... quite convincingly.

I suggested it mainly as a budget and compatibility option... 3t's are a piece of piss to whack in an *e7*, and run a T50 gearbox...

Check it

120 odd flywheel KW (stock) is nothing to sneeze at.

I think what you're trying to build is a truly an original corolla. The problem is you're driving the most mass produced car there is besides the VW Beetle. I agree 4AGE's have been done to death, but that's because bang for your back and the ease of installation in a blessing in an AE71.

I think you may have neglected to look further abound for an interesting engine conversion. I don't know if you've seen Brownie's KE70 2 Door with a BMW 2.5 turbo 6 from norway?

Down the importers I've seen 2.5 Vanos 99 half cuts with 60K on the clock for $2500 190kw factory !!

Would be an interesting road to go down, I wonder what other engines are hiding out there to make there way to rwd :)

Agreed... if I had some skill, I'd love to depart from the "tried and true" conversions (read: something that doesn't have a how to guide on the net) and attempt to shoehorn something obscure into the humble rolla... I mean isn't it still legal (with engineering) to go up to 2.4L normally aspirated in a KE70? Thats a huuuuge range of options...

What about Mazda mx5? 1.6 or 1.8l, rwd configuration, plenty of those getting around for engine donors...

BMW make some fantastic engines and they're all rwd... Imagine a 2.4L 6cyl from a 325is under the bonnet of your rolla...

Mercedes? I'm sure a 190E Kompressor engine would make life interesting...

more more more :)

how bout a 2rzfe rwd 2.4 4cyl dohc efi.. so some head work and cams for a midrange grunter or even turbo it

or how bout some of the newer fwd n/a engines coming out.. the 2zzge is a performer yet relatively unknown in rwd conversions