Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I love the car dude! But I'm mystified by this whole stretched rubber on the wide rims fad, a car that is driven on the edge needs much more room for suspension travel. It's just not worth having such wide wheels if you can't run the wide rubber that they're designed for. I've heard under track conditions that stretched tires tend to fall off as well. I don't intend to offend all the lovers of the stretch fit tires, but if you're doing this mod for looks while negating performance it's worth thinking about what you intend your car to be.

guards are rolled beautifully, excellent shape :dance:

i think with the stretched tyres it gives it less traction as a less area or something, + the looks

i don't think they do it/ as much on the front as they want as much traction as they can get

not 100% but i think thats the reasons

Travis

It's good to see some aggressive wheels under this thing. Only thing it was lacking previously in my opinion.

Wheels may be a little too aggressive though, guard work looks nice, but I don't think it's enough. :dance: Might get away with it in a IRS car, but definitely not a live axle.

Looks good so far mate, both the motor and car, let us know how it goes.

I love the car dude! But I'm mystified by this whole stretched rubber on the wide rims fad, a car that is driven on the edge needs much more room for suspension travel. It's just not worth having such wide wheels if you can't run the wide rubber that they're designed for. I've heard under track conditions that stretched tires tend to fall off as well. I don't intend to offend all the lovers of the stretch fit tires, but if you're doing this mod for looks while negating performance it's worth thinking about what you intend your car to be.

LOL, you rollaclub guys crack me up. I put my ride up to show people what I'm doing, not for all your personal opinions on how I should do things.

I have tested all kinds of things in the 5 corollas that I have owned.

Spend less time reading stuff on the Internet and more time trying different things.

On another note, the wheels won't scrape, we pulled the springs out to flare the gaurds so they were the perfect shape over the tyre, then cut the bumpstops to the lowest point the car can be without scraping. The car has 2inch of downwards movement and enough movement up while keeping the springs captive.

As for the engine I'm only running a t28 on it at the moment so only expecting around 150kw atw which will be more than enough for a while.

The wheels are off to get painted and polished next week and we will paint the car at the same time as the wheels get done.

I appreciate comments, but please don't comment if it's just ur personal opinion, and not fact

Daim

On another note, the wheels won't scrape, we pulled the springs out to flare the gaurds so they were the perfect shape over the tyre, then cut the bumpstops to the lowest point the car can be without scraping. The car has 2inch of downwards movement and enough movement up while keeping the springs captive.

Daim

You have to admit.... it does sit close enough for people to assume it would scrub :dance:

looks freakin awesome daim!

wanna flare my guards? or atleast give me some pointers

i got defected the other day by transport for my wheels protruding past the guards now I'm rolling on stockies :dance:

you gotta take me for a spin when its going!

Edited by Damon550

You have to admit.... it does sit close enough for people to assume it would scrub :dance:

Na, loves it. Il take decent photos when car is all done so u can see, it's a stiff setup which is how I can run it so close

Edited by Daimon J

• 2 months later...