Gilmer Belt Drive

decoop

got an other e mail from allen today,

i was asking if they r done yet and when will we be getting them.

(his reply)

Hi Brodie.

We are just waiting for belts to turn up.

They were custom lenth so have been specially made,but no problems.

I will be in Austrailia until tuesday.

should be ready for shipment before then.

cheers Brodie.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah.. thought this would happen. Custom length belts.

How much are they going to cost and how easy are they going to be able to get now once they need to be replaced?

Most importantly were can we source them out from when needed to be replaced?

:P I don't want to offend you K banger lovers, been that path before. But I really don't understand why people would spend $500 on a non performance mod for there motor. I hope you've already got a cam, twin webers and extractors. It makes sense if you've got a supercharger and the belts are slipping under boost, but damn, that's a good portion of a 4AGE upgrade!

You guys are way into aesthetics, I just hope you don't think hanging your jocks out the top of your shorts is a good look too :jamie:

:P I don't want to offend you K banger lovers, been that path before. But I really don't understand why people would spend $500 on a non performance mod for there motor. I hope you've already got a cam, twin webers and extractors. It makes sense if you've got a supercharger and the belts are slipping under boost, but damn, that's a good portion of a 4AGE upgrade!

You guys are way into aesthetics, I just hope you don't think hanging your jocks out the top of your shorts is a good look too :jamie:

Well I'm in the process of a complete rebuild.Aesthetics is a as important to me as performance plus i think the whine at 7000rpm will sound crazy...

Edited by harun

Ah.. thought this would happen. Custom length belts.

How much are they going to cost and how easy are they going to be able to get now once they need to be replaced?

Most importantly were can we source them out from when needed to be replaced?

i am in the process of finding that out as i think he is talking shit because they come in all different sizes and widths, if anything i imadgin he is getting made to a width to match the pullys. there is a guy on club k that cam get these belts through his work. i am going to talk to him once i find out a little bit more bout what the belts we are getting (brand/size/width etc) and ill get prices for replacement belts and the availability of them. i am equally as worryed/pissed off bout this but i honestly think he is talking through the hole in his bum bout them beind a custom sized belt. as with a normal belt you adjust the tension via the aulternator, so i don't see how this would be different as there is no tensioners needed for this kit.

i truly as sorry for this guys i didnt no this was going to happin and i hope it is going to be an easy fix.

,Brodie(reTRD)

i can get gilmer kits for 4age's if there is interest. but ill have to get some number of who is keen 1st + also it would pay for me to get paypal as we went through a bit of shit trying to get a bank transfer done internationally. but hey if u's can get the numbers i can get the kits

pic of a 4age kit

misc263sf8.th.jpg

Edited by reTRD

Well I'm in the process of a complete rebuild.Aesthetics is a as important to me as performance plus i think the whine at 7000rpm will sound crazy...

7000 rpm - listen to this thing at Idle, 7000 will sound much, much worse.

I dig the fact that you'll actually lose power with one of these belt drives. fully!

righty oh,

just got off the fone with allen, (bolldy toll call is going to cost a shitload:|)

the kits are done they are waiting for the belts to turn up, he insists that are going to be here tomorro and i for 1 hope they are. he could not appoligise enough bout the delay he got called to a last min job in aussie on thursday and he got back last night. he is going to be sending me a pic of the finished off kits with the teeth all cut and ready to rock&roll so as soon as i get that ill post it up on here, he has also given me the sizes of the belts so ill u2u AndyC now and c how much he can get replacement belts for and also post that up when he has gotten back to me bout them.

so all things going good they best be sent out to Gaz tomorro so we SHOULD have them by the weekend (touch wood)

(when i have we should have them i mean us in NZ sorry guys but as soon as i have them they will be in the post for all u guys in aussie that have brought them.)

I'd be interested on a price for a 4age one thanks.

Do they fit all variants ie 16v/20v/gze?

i can find out but it will be heaps cheaper if you get a few people to buy them at the same time as you that way all the costs come down for you all. what 4age do you want it for and ill find bout for you.

thanks,

Brodie

i have news!!!!

4 kits are don't and getting sent to me directly 1 will be mine and the other 3 are the 1s i have got to send to the guys in aussie before i spend the money for shipping.

but the other good news is the remaining 3 belts they are waiting for will be there tomorro. (wwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhoooooooooooo lol)

i will u2u you Gaz re: headstuds

also i have asked allen to send the 3 remaining kits to Gaz as he send shipping tags so i assumed you put a return address in there also ?

untill then i habe pics of the kits with the teeth cut and they are sexy as if i do say so myself.

enjoy(note this is a "K" series gilmer kit)

4kpulleykits004wx4.th.jpg

4kpulleykits0032zf1.th.jpg

Edited by reTRD