Next Victorian Event

TheNOBBLER

G'day all...

After our last event we havent had much on the go.... So its about time something happened!

Whats everyone's thoughts on what we should get up to? We have been lacking in events over in the western suburbs of late, dfunct has been scouting around a bit for suitable destinations of late. Whats everyone think?

Lets get something off the ground!

JP.

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll make this quick, the run i scouted goes from bacchus marsh to blackwood, thru trentham, up to the Ash Wednesday memorial on top of Mt Macedon, then via gisbourne back to bacchus. from my place, around, and back again was around 250kms i think. will have to scout it again for possible stops, as i didn't pay too much attn to that first time round.

would need to be half decent weather, as the scouting trip was in 12 degree weather, driving thru clouds across macedon wasn't fun, visibility of around 30m and twistys aren't good. but yeah as nobble said, all interest and thoughts would be good.

cheers, df

Ahh, thats alright... wouldnt mind having a squiz anyway!

I will most likely be in the VS again as well, although, I do have a stout 308 powered ute in my drive at the moment that I'm hooning around in... might bring that!

Its a fair cruise the one dfunkt outlined, we may be able to do a shorter one if the distance is a problem... I imagine it may cause a stir as we have members from as far as the peninsula that would be interested.

We will see what happens!

JP.

we wont mind getting home late, stu might tho, if hes not home by midnight he'll turn into a pumpkin!!!!

Thats not much different to the norm is it? hehe

We head back to my place for pizza or something of the like (pretty much as we did for leeroys meet), I will supply the pizza and Jimmy if it is required! Will even bring the heater home from work to keep the shed warm!

i think this area would be a good idea dfunct said he`d like something out that way, the only prob is that it is a mountain and my downhill mountain bike wont fit in the rolla.

it would give me a chance to scout for trails though so I'm in!!!!!

stu.

i don't know how far away you all want it so i'll give you 2 weekends. the 8th or 9th Sept or the 16th Sept. what would you all prefer?

** EDIT **

since there's been no replies, i'll make the executive decision and make it Sunday the 9th of September.

if lots of people can't do this date, it can be moved to the following sunday...so tell me :wink:

will be doing another test run this w/e hopefully, try and work out times and stops.

cheers, DF

Edited by dfunkt