Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

Featured Replies

Have they already sent your valve springs? Wanna change the order to 2 sets :P

  • Replies 182
  • Views 328k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

ryan, already got em shipped. Plus I'm pretty sure I got the last set because I got her to put them aside for a couple of days.

 

Mick, I checked with fulcrum (superpro) before I bought the stuff, some gear was available some wasn't. Interesting enough for those wanting this gear, fulcrum log a "missed sale" everytime people request an item they don't have in stock, when they get enough requests they produce another run of parts.

 

There was one or two sets of rear spring bushes available, 49.43 + 77 bucks for the lot. Idler arm bushes (29.49), none available and no idea how long before more are made. By the time you add 4 tie rods at 20-30 bucks a piece, availability uncertain, Ball joints at a guess 80-100 bucks, uncertain, and Idler arm bushes estimate 30 bucks, that comes to a total of $345 best case.

 

Plus the amount of people on here who've had issues with tie rods and ball joints in the past was the driving reason for buying it all!

 

I paid 300 bucks for the lot.

 

Oh yeah I got to call you about that valve spring compressor (should be on your desk). I'll give you a buzz in the morning, looks like I bought it on the 1st of May according to my bank account.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

ah man all done and going again. Gave her a little bit of TLC too.

 

Finally got enough sunshine to get the rockershaft back in, new filter element on and fire it up. Took a while to start, battery was low on water and even with it on the charger it didn't like cranking in cool arvo air. Hooked up the lanos and cranky cranky til she kicked.

 

Could probably do with a tune some time but she'll be right. Oil and water top up, round to the folks for a clean. Need to polish it, this poxy enamel job always oxidises, especially with a bit of moisture on it.

 

Good flex, 7PSI in the left right all the rest good though. Need to do the front end with the rod ends and bushes I got from Dave at AJPS.

 

all in good time. The GF goes to Alice Springs on thursday I think I'll get some time on the projects!!

Very cool car mate. wish there were a few around for sale!

 

get some more pics up :hmm:

Very cool car mate. wish there were a few around for sale!

hmmm, might be able to arrange something..

  • Author

Felix, buying a house has screwed me. Next time I'm buying one with a shed!

 

Not only that but any good weather I get on the weekends is usually occupied digging holes around the place, next house I buy will also have a tidy, established garden! haha.

 

BUT- at least the house itself was fully renovated....

  • Author

Heart stopping moment last night. Going for a bit of a squirt through the windy bits and all of a sudden starts running on three.... remeniscent of breaking a valve spring!! all good, just popped off a plug lead....

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

It's nights like this when I wish I had a modern, comfy, starts-every-time daily drive.

 

And then I remember that new cars break too.... and if I had a modern car I almost certainly wouldn't have 3 spare starters, 3 alternators, 4 heads and more just kicking around the shed!

 

Starter died tonight.

Comfort is overrated.

people brake down to, unfortunately someone else has to die to fix them...ie) a lung, kidney, liver, face or starter.

  • Author

Out of the 5 daily drivers I've owned 3 have done starters. One was a 9 year old hilux.

 

And Yeh comfort is overrated. Got a ke20 steering box off mick so just having accurate steering will market so much better to drive!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.