What Grinds My Gears.

Whats wrong with 7 I love it.

It refuses to recognize the ODBC drivers needed to connect a local database (accounting software) to a remote E-Commerce website I am setting up.

Works fine with XP and Vista, but Win7 will not play the game.

Members dont see this ad
wgmg - is when the manager rides you all day telling you "come on mate need this gone by noon" "customers paying $125 hour for you to hurry up"

then crack the sads when you f@$k something up/ leave something loose cause you were rushing

30 mins cruising or 20 mins rushing then another 30 mins fixing my f@$k up

i asked him "why are you riding my back?" his answer was "this is what i get paid for"

don't phuck up then, your not getting paid to cruise around and work at a half arsed pace, your job is to do the job properly as quickly as possible, don't blame someone else for you missing shit

wgmg - is when the manager rides you all day telling you "come on mate need this gone by noon" "customers paying $125 hour for you to hurry up"

then crack the sads when you f@$k something up/ leave something loose cause you were rushing

30 mins cruising or 20 mins rushing then another 30 mins fixing my f@$k up

i asked him "why are you riding my back?" his answer was "this is what i get paid for"

People in managing/senior roles do actually get paid/told to hurry employees up. Especially in the automotive trade.

how much of that $125 do you make mate.

trust me you don't get paid enough to put up with crap tell your boss to stick it.

i was a 3rd year, the best apprentice you have ever seen. i still got treated like shit.

i made the choice to leave when i got chrons disease!

Now i make 45grand a year I'm only 19 i work for the biggest i.t support company in the world and don't have to lift a finger.

lots of ways to make cash. don't let your self get put down while your making some one else rich!

cheers steve

how much of that $125 do you make mate.

trust me you don't get paid enough to put up with crap tell your boss to stick it.

i was a 3rd year, the best apprentice you have ever seen. i still got treated like shit.

i made the choice to leave when i got chrons disease!

Now i make 45grand a year I'm only 19 i work for the biggest i.t support company in the world and don't have to lift a finger.

lots of ways to make cash. don't let your self get put down while your making some one else rich!

cheers steve

You get treated like that so you learn to deal with real life experiences when you get a trade, What would happen if you went through tour trade and your boss didn't give a shit how slow you were?

You are 19, Hardly lift a finger and work for the BIGGEST I.T. SUPPORT COMPANY IN THE WORLD and only get 45grand, If they were the biggest then you would be paying that in tax.

entry level job. my entry level is 45grand a trade entry level is $6 an hour/15grand a year as an apprentice.

real life isnt getting treated like shit. and if you think it is i feel very bad for you.

i don't come home dirty and I'm not getting yelled at all day. I'm thanked for what i know when it comes to computers.

and the size of my company reflects that I'm never out of work, not my pay check.

i think apprentices DO NOT get paid enough, there worth alot more then what there payed.

you don't have to work hard just work smart

i think apprentices DO NOT get paid enough, there worth alot more then what there payed.

Yes they may be worth more, but not a whole lot more when you compare them to a decent tradesman.

you don't have to work hard just work smart

And tell me, when redundancy time comes around and you've had the copper handshake (no more golden ones these days), what qualifications do you have to show for it?

Well, thats what I'm saying big companies can afford to pay for training, thats how ive got my certs.. I can move around with my job. Unlike when I was a cabinet maker.

i just think life is to short to get yell at and I'm sure evan makes the boss a lot more then what his getting paid.........

And if you do a good enough job the employer will pay you above the award rate.

Not really. Unfortunately the majority of business owners seem to think if they are stingey they keep more cash in their back pocket.

It is just the smart ones that realise the value in their staff. Treat the staff well and they will treat the business well. ie, greater productivity, less sickies, promoting a more positive image to customers.

Not really. Unfortunately the majority of business owners seem to think if they are stingey they keep more cash in their back pocket.

It is just the smart ones that realise the value in their staff. Treat the staff well and they will treat the business well. ie, greater productivity, less sickies, promoting a more positive image to customers.

Depends where you go then, Last 2 places I was at paid the apprentices there above the award because they got in and got shit done.

Rewarding enthusiasm normally leads to a greater standard, Last job where I was foreman/assistant manager I would always tell the apprentice when he did good shit and buy him lunch etc.